15 pounds in two months?

Options
So this is about 2 pounds per week.
Is this a safe goal if I am really dedicated to my nutrition/fitness lifestyle?
weight:138
first goal weight- 122
Height- 5'2.5"
calorie intake-1200
Exercise routine- I burn 500 calories per day approximately 5-6 times per week and am fairly active other then that
I also do strength training

I eat back my exercise cals!

Also! Any recommendations on how I should change my diet or routine to achieve this goal? :) thank you!

Replies

• TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    i suggest reading these two topics:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
    As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing these negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:
    More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week

With 15 pounds, it's safer and better in the long run to stick with 0.5lbs-1.0lbs/week
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You need to follow the advice you've been given in your other posts, and trust the process.

This.
  • Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You need to follow the advice you've been given in your other posts, and trust the process.

Please disregard my other posts, they are meaningless. I've changed my goals drastically and have learned a lot from MFP. If I could delete some of those posts I would.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm about 133 now and have dropped my goal to 1/2 or 1 pound a week. Feels way more doable then 2 pounds a week. When I was above 180 I could do that, but now, no, not with out feeling light headed and tired. Take your time, you don't have a lot to lose.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Another one!!! :grumble:

OP the weight didn't come on over night it's not going to come off over night!!!

Slow and steady is the way to go. Setting dates only causes failure.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Is that a current picture of yourself? If so, I don't even know if you can lose 15 lbs..

Anyways, you should be aiming to lose 1/2 to 1 lb per week. But more importantly, should be working to maintain your lean body mass and stop worrying about weight. Based on your stats, I would say 1800 calories is about what you need, macros around 40% carbs, 30% protein and fats. If anything, concentrate more on weight training than cardio as well.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Please disregard my other posts, they are meaningless. I've changed my goals drastically and have learned a lot from MFP. If I could delete some of those posts I would.

That's fair enough. But 15lbs in 2 months is still extremely unrealistic unless you're very, very overweight (which you are not), as is losing 2lb per week at your weight. Follow the advice, trust the process, love the body you have while working toward the one you want.

PS-I don't know your height, but you're likely already at a healthy weight for it. Perhaps consider body re-composition rather than weight loss if you aren't happy with how your body looks. There are many more experienced people than I am here who could help you with that.

OP is 5.2"