PCOS not my friend

Options
13»

Replies

• yesenia007
    yesenia007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2008 when I was trying to get pregnant. Since November I have lost 24lbs. I dont take metformin because it made me really sick. So I try to eat healthy and Exercise. You can add me if you like.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed a few years ago. It's taken a couple years but I'm about half way to my goal.

I tried to do it with just counting calories but it didn't work. |I've learned with PCOS I need to watch my carb counts (they are killer with the hormonal imbalance) and exercise at least a little every day. I try to walk in 15 minute breaks from work at least twice a day. I go to an aerobic class twice a week.

I actually almost follow (tweaked a bit for me) the South Beach Diet. It actually does work and helps with this. Mostly because it gets you away from processed white flour and sugar (I told you the carbs are killer).

Anyone from this post can feel free to add me.
  • amisshabell
    Options
    Not mine ethier... I have had it since the age of 18.. I lost 5lb in one week by changing what i eat .. how much I eat and enrolling myself in a nu life fitness book camp class.. It is high pact aerobics ... I just want to say be encourage ladies... we can do it...
  • HeatherNoyes
    HeatherNoyes Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed in 2003. Was put on metformin and believe it or not also a very low low dose of testosterone cream that I applied to my wrists for a couple weeks. I was only on the metformin temporarily as I seam to do ok with blood sugars and maintaing good levels.

The symptoms I have is that it is VERY easy to put weight on....I look at food and it goes straight to my butt, so imagine what happens when I don't control my eating. When I diet, the weight seams to come off decently, but it is a struggle.

I battle the mood swings which make it hard to stick to a diet since I emotionally eat. My hair is VERY thin, I have dark areas of skin which are irritating.

My body seams to respond well when I feed it a lot of veggie's, water and stay away from added sugar and MOVE, most important!

Hang in there, it is a road bump but not a dead end!!!
  • Tx_Julie_Mango
    Tx_Julie_Mango Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this thread ChunTingO, there is a lot of awesome info here!

Having an irregular,long and heavy cycle since the age of 9, I thought it was normal, well it was my normal.
    I wasn't diagnosed until about 9 yrs ago when I went through a time in my life when my cycle was heavy and nonstop for 6 months (Horrible).

I've been overweight all my life, but a few yrs ago I did managed to loose 75lbs with diet (Flat Belly) and exercise, but got stuck and gained some of it back. I started trying to loose it again lost about 20 (extremely low carb diet - I wanted to kill people) but the last couple of yrs I've been stuck again, then started gaining again.

Trying again to stop the madness, I'm glad I found this thread. Feel Free to add me.
  • kh0215
    kh0215 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    PCOS here also, dx in 98 while trying to get pg with our second child. Ended up naturally concieving twins in 2002, had a total hystectomy in 2008 due to my symptoms with PCOS and endometriosis. Lost half my thyroid due to cancerous cell growth a year later.

I have been gaining and losing the same 20 lbs for the last 2 years. Not fun, but you can do it. I am determined not to play the yo-yo game anymore.
  • Jenerferzzz
    Jenerferzzz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and am new to this site and this is one of the first threads that I read and I am very happy that I did. There is a lot of insite and help in this thread alon and I really appreciate it. I wish you all well!
  • phantomoboe
    phantomoboe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello again ya'll. I have been gone for a long time i know. Fell off the bandwagon. Due to the aspects of job loss, which also meant loss of medical benefits and now going back to school. I am working the best I can to actually strive to keep things in check while waiting for the next appointment
  • _kymg148
    _kymg148 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi girls, im 15 and ive been reading what you guys are posting and this is really insparational. I think i might have pcos because i hvent gotten my period in 2 ( about to be 3) years ever since i stopped getting it when i was 13. I have many of the symtoms and i just wanted to know what did they do when you girls were diagnosed ? (like did they do a blood test or something). Im planning to go to the gynaecologist soon. And i am also having trouble pf loosing weight as I was in marching band and did alot of intense work everh day in the heat from august to november.
  • _kymg148
    _kymg148 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi girls, im 15 and ive been reading what you guys are posting and this is really insparational. I think i might have pcos because i hvent gotten my period in 2 ( about to be 3) years ever since i stopped getting it when i was 13. I have many of the symtoms and i just wanted to know what did they do when you girls were diagnosed ? (like did they do a blood test or something). Im planning to go to the gynaecologist soon. And i am also having trouble pf loosing weight as I was in marching band and did alot of intense work everh day in the heat from august to november and no weight was lost.
  • ashleyblossom1
    ashleyblossom1 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, im 15 and ive been reading what you guys are posting and this is really insparational. I think i might have pcos because i hvent gotten my period in 2 ( about to be 3) years ever since i stopped getting it when i was 13. I have many of the symtoms and i just wanted to know what did they do when you girls were diagnosed ? (like did they do a blood test or something). Im planning to go to the gynaecologist soon. And i am also having trouble pf loosing weight as I was in marching band and did alot of intense work everh day in the heat from august to november and no weight was lost.

For me they did a blood test and an ultrasound of my pelvis to determine it. Sounds like you have some of the symptoms. Go get yourself checked out sooner rather than later. I waited until I had gained 80 lbs and started growing a beard before I went when I should've have gone when I noticed my period left me. Take action and good luck.