Runners!

Options
Ive been a runner for the past 2 years and maintian my weight (140lbs 5f 7') I'd like to weight just 5-10 pounds less. How much should i run and how long to achieve my goal? I normally run 2miles at an incline of 2 at 6mph.
Please and thank you!!

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Whether or not you lose weight depends on your calorie deficit. Also, you should set your target weight loss at a half pound per week, so it will take you 10-20 weeks to lose the weight. Not long at all, tbh.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Cut the amount of calories you eat every day by a little bit. It's going to be much easier than trying to run yourself into a larger deficit. With just a few pounds to lose, .5 lb per week is probably as aggressive as you should go. To do it just by running, at a reasonable rate, you are talking adding 2.5+ miles every day to make it happen.
  • MilaVidaLoca
    MilaVidaLoca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oooh okay, i normally eat about 1600-1700 calories a day. How much should i cut out? I eat rather healthy already.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Oooh okay, i normally eat about 1600-1700 calories a day. How much should i cut out? I eat rather healthy already.

Approximately 250 per day should end up giving you about 1/2 lb per week loss (going by the 3500 cal = 1 lb). Try it out for a few weeks, see how you feel, and readjust as necessary.
  • amberflo143
    amberflo143 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Have you tried switching your runs up. I found that worked for me. I was running inside and then began running outside, larger calorie burn and harder on my muscles. Weight loss jumped a bit then, like a new kick start?! Just a thought.
  • MilaVidaLoca
    MilaVidaLoca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a run at the park tomorrow which would be my first time outside the treadmill. I think I'm getting bored running inside. I'll need a meter or something to calculate my run right?
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You might try using mapmyrun to calculate your route.
  • asianrunner
    asianrunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You might try using mapmyrun to calculate your route.

+1