too harsh of my workout plan??

I have started my workout plan, but seems that i feeling so tired after exercise (especially after the running on Monday, muscle soreness seriously), making me low incentive to continue, any ideas/alternative on my workout plan?

1. Mon: running 8km - 1 hr
2. Tue: walking 4km fast pace 30 minutes and mild aerobics 20 mins
3. wed: kick boxing 1 hr
4. Thu: walking after dinner - 1 hr and leg kicking for 10 mins
5. Fri: walking after dinner/ running - 1 hr and leg kicking for 10 mins
6. Sat: swimming 30 mins
7. Sun: weight training 1 hr and space walker 20 mins

I controlled my calories intake 1200 daily.

Replies

• corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Eat more calories and the energy issue should ease up.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    I think you're fine, your body will adjust, i did hour of plyometrics cardio with 60 minutes of lifting every day and my body just got used to it
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Make sure you are eating back your exercise calories. I'm also netting 1200 calories, I workout every day except week-ends when I just walk. If I didn't eat back the exercise calories, I wouldn't be able to be so active. You might also want to back off on so much cardio and do more strength training.
  • oh, seems that i didnt eat back the exercise calories, that's why i dont have enough energy ...
  • rosebette
    oh, seems that i didnt eat back the exercise calories, that's why i dont have enough energy ...

If you're just talking a walk and it's a couple hundred calories, it's not a big deal, but some of the things you're doing, like running 8km, and kickboxing, burn a lot of calories. If you're eating 1200 and burning 500-600, then you're really "netting" only 600-700 calories, which isn't enough to sustain that level of activity. You'll end up losing muscle and making yourself ill.
  • birkona
    birkona Posts: 24
    oh, seems that i didnt eat back the exercise calories, that's why i dont have enough energy ...

If you're just talking a walk and it's a couple hundred calories, it's not a big deal, but some of the things you're doing, like running 8km, and kickboxing, burn a lot of calories. If you're eating 1200 and burning 500-600, then you're really "netting" only 600-700 calories, which isn't enough to sustain that level of activity. You'll end up losing muscle and making yourself ill.

That's something I was struggling with as well. I usually workout before breakfast either HIITs or just cardio. And I found that I was super tired all day and sometimes a bit lightheaded. Just did't feel like myself. I usually eat about 1200 calories a day. But good idea, I will just have to up my calorie intake.
  • rosebette

That's something I was struggling with as well. I usually workout before breakfast either HIITs or just cardio. And I found that I was super tired all day and sometimes a bit lightheaded. Just did't feel like myself. I usually eat about 1200 calories a day. But good idea, I will just have to up my calorie intake.
    I always eat something before working out, even if it's something light, a greek yogurt or an English muffin with a little peanut butter. IF you get nauseous if you work out after eating, eat a protein snack right afterwards.
  • thanks so much, i will take your advice and intake some more calories for the day! :bigsmile:
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    I agree with the other posters! That's not enough calories for the amount of work your doing. Also, a full rest day might be a good option as well, or maybe just a walk that day.