Water

Options
Do you guys count those zero calorie sparkling waters toward your water goal?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Some do some don't.. I am too lazy to log anything zero calories, lol
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Some do some don't.. I am too lazy to log anything zero calories, lol
    LOL right, why bother. Too busy logging everything else.:drinker:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Do you guys count those zero calorie sparkling waters toward your water goal?

If you are tracking your water intake I don't see why you wouldn't. Also don't see why you wouldn't track caloric water drinks as water. Just because a drink has calories doesn't mean the water is now not water.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    To be honest the only thing I log drinks wise is pop & my daily milk intake - If figure my body keeps me informed of when I'm thirsty.
  • julianne824
    julianne824 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would count that towards water.
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I font count anything that's not water towards my water goal. You can drink what ever you'd like, but it it's not water it's not water.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    But it IS water.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options
    I font count anything that's not water towards my water goal. You can drink what ever you'd like, but it it's not water it's not water.

When is water not water?
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    You track water?

I guess if you're doing that, why not count them? They have H2O and will hydrate you. No different than water with a twist of lime or something.
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options

When is water not water?

Think of sea water. No one is going to claim that it's not water. But if you drink it it'll make you sick and then crazy. Water is water. Other things are not water. You can drink them, but they're not water.
  • Aaron_K123
    Options

When is water not water?

Think of sea water. No one is going to claim that it's not water. But if you drink it it'll make you sick and then crazy. Water is water. Other things are not water. You can drink them, but they're not water.

They contain water though. Only reason sea water makes you sick is the high sodium content requires that more water be recruited from the limited supply you have in your body to dilute out the sodium further to the ionic strength of your blood. This is unique to ionic compounds of which sodium in the form of salt is going to be basically the only one you take in.

The same logic does not apply to something like orange juice or tea or even coffee. Yes there are some solutes in these but not ionic solutes that your body has to keep regulated in a homeostasis. Carbohydrates such as the sugars found in those drinks take some water to solubilize them but nothing on the level of salt.

Does bring up a valid point though in that your sodium intake has often more influence on your hydration level than how much you drink.
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Is sparkling water club soda? Club soda is just fizzy water, so yes.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Water comes from anything that has water in it: coffee, tea, juice, pop, fruit, veggies, etc

"There's nothing magical about water from a glass of water as opposed to water from a food or any other beverage," Barr said.

Drinking caffeinated beverages such as tea and coffee do not lead to dehydration, said Dr. Stanley Goldfarb, a nephrologist at the University of Pennsylvania who reviewed research claims on drinking eight glasses of water and studied how the kidneys handle it"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/8-glasses-of-water-a-day-an-urban-myth-1.1196386
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Don't drink them... but since all I drink is water.. I don't even log that :)
  • geckospot
    geckospot Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Does it contain sodium? Some people track that.