Frustrated

Options
March 23 is when I started my new lifestyle. I went from eating just about every meal super processed, consuming about 3 cups of water daily to eating as clean as possible, consuming at least 8 cups of water daily. I cook myself something different from my family at meal times, stick to 1800 cals a day, wake up at 400 every morning (later on the weekends) and hit the gym. I do strength training 4 days a week, along with cardio, and cardio the other 3 days. I have lost 13lbs since then, but I am frustrated. My clothes don't feel any different. My family tells me they notice a difference, but I don't in how I look. I do have PCOS so the majority of my weight is in my tummy. Any pointers? I cut back on carbs, take protein 2x daily, and my meat intake consists of fish (tilapia and salmon) shrimp, lean turkey and chicken, and RARELY red meat. Any pointers??

Replies

• Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You just started, lost 13 lbs. and are complaining? It takes time, it's called a lifestyle change for a reason. If you think you can't continue, stop fooling yourself. Make small changes, and stick to it. :flowerforyou:
  • glitznglam23
    Options
    Be proud of what you've accomplished- don't be so hard on yourself. You just need to find what works best for you. Maybe you need to spend a little less on weight training and more time with cardio or vise versa. Once you find what works for you it'll all come together. It sounds like you are off to a good start though.
  • paulduong
    paulduong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You just started, lost 13 lbs. and are complaining? It takes time, it's called a lifestyle change for a reason. If you think you can't continue, stop fooling yourself. Make small changes, and stick to it. :flowerforyou:

^^^
    Exactly what this person said! I started out with my weight loss and barely noticed anything after 10 pounds! Just keep at it and enjoy the small victories. Eventually the numbers will show and your family even noticed! I know this is cliche but take it one step at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day. bahaha
  • birkona
    birkona Posts: 24
    Options
    You did say you are doing strength training. Maybe you're losing fat but your muscle weight is replacing the fat weight. Just a thought.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hun... it hasn't even been 2 full months yet and you have lost 13lbs. That is great! Amazing!

Keep going.