Body Fat

Options
mhiggi02
mhiggi02 Posts: 5,988 Member
Body fat down to 12.7% from 13.67% 5 weeks ago....I'm happy about that!

Replies

• NegaAshley
    NegaAshley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great work! That's awesome. =)
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    very nice! i wish i actually knew how much body fat i have -_-
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Nice job. How are you doing it? Are you losing weight also?
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Amazing you look great
  • debbiedoeshealth
    debbiedoeshealth Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • mhiggi02
    Options
    Thanks all. My weight has actually increased to 179 from my low of 176. I added strength training to my running g and good nutrition practices at the first of the year. I just swapped the traditional strength training for CrossFit a week and a half ago so we'll see.

As for how I'm measuring body fat, I'm using a local personal trainer to take my measurements once per month. She measures it with both electrical impedance and a 9 point caliper test. I average those two results for my final results. She charges me $15 each time but it's worth it to me for consistency's sake. It's also helpful to know that while I've gained 3 lbs my body fat has dropped. This means I'm definitely swapping lean muscle for fat.....my goal.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. My weight has actually increased to 179 from my low of 176. I added strength training to my running g and good nutrition practices at the first of the year. I just swapped the traditional strength training for CrossFit a week and a half ago so we'll see.

As for how I'm measuring body fat, I'm using a local personal trainer to take my measurements once per month. She measures it with both electrical impedance and a 9 point caliper test. I average those two results for my final results. She charges me $15 each time but it's worth it to me for consistency's sake. It's also helpful to know that while I've gained 3 lbs my body fat has dropped. This means I'm definitely swapping lean muscle for fat.....my goal.

So are you eating a surplus or doing this at maintenance? I'm about to switch to a more weight lifting focus routine to try and do some body re-comp and lower my bf%, but don't know how to go about it. right now I do 60 minutes 4 times a week, 40/20 cardio/weight lifting. I'm going to flip that to see if I get results.
  • mhiggi02
    Options

So are you eating a surplus or doing this at maintenance? I'm about to switch to a more weight lifting focus routine to try and do some body re-comp and lower my bf%, but don't know how to go about it. right now I do 60 minutes 4 times a week, 40/20 cardio/weight lifting. I'm going to flip that to see if I get results.

I was at a slight calorie deficit but have recently bumped up to almost my TDEE. What's changed is the amount of strength training and the amount of protein I'm taking in. Feel free to send a friend request as my diary is open to my friends. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!