I seem to never eat vegetables

Options
is it necessary

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Not if you still have a deficit, but you may want to take a multivitamin.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Reach in very essential macro and micro nutrients... so yes, sort of necessary :wink:
    Obviously there is the option of supplements... but then again, what’s the point of eating food when you can supplement?!
    If you don't like vegetables then it is a different matter.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you dont need to eat veg to lose weight, but from a health perspective its not a bad idea....
  • sam48126
    sam48126 Posts: 21
    Options
    so my mom was lying all those years:smile:
  • Jacobedward02
    Options
    People who eat more vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases. Vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body.

Read this very informative article: http://www.belmarrahealth.com/healthy-eating-2/the-link-between-fruits-vegetables-and-premature-death/
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Not necessary .......... But I do love my vegetables. I should eat a lot more.

I am going to start Juice Plus this week, once my delivery comes through... Its all your fruits, berries, veg in tablets!! : )
  • brighid40
    brighid40 Posts: 3
    Options
    Actually they are necessary (sorry!). Despite the claims of many supplement manufacturers, taking a supplement will not have the same effect as eating fruits and vegetables. The antioxidants do not appear to work in supplement form (antioxidants are linked to reduction in risk for cancers) and you won't get the fibre that fruits and veg contain either. If you're deficient in some vitamins or minerals then taking supplements is a good idea but it should never be a long term lifestyle choice.
  • djslickrix
    djslickrix Posts: 35
    Options
    I don't eat vegetables either, unless they are already in the food I'm eating that my parents may have made and I just try not to think about them. Also I have never eaten any fruit in my whole life.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    FIBRE
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    They are definitely not my first choice but I make myself eat them.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Even if you take a good multivitamin, they only have %3 potassium. So you need to figure out a way to get that, and possibly some other things.

I like Cronometer for tracking the nutrients in my food. I find just taking a vitamin leaves me sadly lacking on many things. That said, I believe there are non-vegetable sources you can eat for just about everything you need that you might not be getting from a vitamin.

And it's not like it will kill you tomorrow. I didn't go near a vegetable from the time I was fifteen until I was in my mid twenties, and even after that, I doubt I got all my vitamins and minerals ever.