New here and could use support

Options
I've been trying to lose weight for what seems like forever but have had little success. I feel like this site is my last ditch effort at taking control of my life and current health situation. Anyone have any tips for getting started?

Replies

• metalkim85
    metalkim85 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The way I started was counting my calories, be mindful of what I eat and drink the proper amount of water. and of course exercise. I do that maybe 3 times a week. It's working for me very well.

Feel free to add me :)
  • Gonenova
    Gonenova Posts: 5
    Options
    Seriously, this was the only site that really kept me on track. By setting an amount of calories per day (for me it was 2000) and sticking to it and adding some light exercise 4-5 days a week, it turned me around. I lost 10# that I could not lose with just exercise, because I was eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. This app/site really keeps me going in the right direction. Just set a reasonable goal, like 1800-2050 and stick with it and you will see results within a few weeks. You get bigger losses at first, so don't be discouraged when the first month goes by and you are only losing 1-2lbs a month, progress is progress and you are getting healthier with every day. Good luck!
  • VeggieGal777
    VeggieGal777 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome!

The best thing I found when I first started out was to weigh everything you eat and log the correct amount!

Fee free to add me if you need a chum!

Good luck!
  • KellyCPalmer
    Options
    Always here to spare their knowledge Omega!

That's why I try not to give advice when I'm not sure what I say, I went a little overboard, sorry for.
    http://safercolonreal.com/