slim noodles

Options
Angela1303
Angela1303 Posts: 33 Member
I've just bought and tried eat water slim noodles for the first time, question is can anyone tell me what else to do with them other than a stir fry?

Cheers

Replies

• KatherineMichelle72
    Options
    I have never heard of them.. what do they taste like???
  • Angela1303
    Options
    There isn't much taste to them tbh, I added them to a own prawn stir fry to add taste to them and bulk up lunch without the calories, only 21cals per 100g
  • IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    There isn't much taste to them tbh, I added them to a own prawn stir fry to add taste to them and bulk up lunch without the calories, only 21cals per 100g

Wow. But what are they made of?
  • supercarly
    supercarly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think they're konjac noodles. I've got three packs in my cupboard from the Dukan diet website. I find them vile!!! But maybe I'm cooking them wrong?

http://www.eatwater.co.uk/products/
  • supercarly
    supercarly Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think they're konjac noodles. I've got three packs in my cupboard from the Dukan diet website. I find them vile!!! But maybe I'm cooking them wrong?

http://www.eatwater.co.uk/products/

I'd defiantly try a pouch from this brand though, to compare.
  • mejc1
    mejc1 Posts: 4
    Options
    what are they made from?
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I think those noodles are gross o___o

You should try making noodles out of zucchini instead!
    Way more delicious~

Use a spiralizer or a julienne peeler.
  • Angela1303
    Options
    No idea what they are made from and no packet now to check, they aren't for everyone but I liked them. I got them in Holland and Barrett. Someone told me to dry fry them to make them crisp up to do might try this with the half pack I have left tonight
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    :sick: I couldn't even keep them down.
  • S_Murphree
    S_Murphree Posts: 94
    Options
    I bought some type of noodle one time packed in water. Those things had a rubber band texture with no taste. Idk if that's one you have though.
  • nurit1979
    nurit1979 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    the ones in water are shirataki noodles..nasty.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I only eat the JFC brand Shirataki noodles. You have to keep in mind that they can't be substituted for just any pasta. I never use them with tomato or alfredo sauce. I use them like rice noodles and eat them with soy sauce and peanut sauces or like Pad Thai. You also must rinse and blanch them briefly to get rid of the smell.
  • loubidy
    loubidy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    They are the worst thing I have ever eaten, I thought I was eating glue. Never again, I just weight my pasta 50g is worth 200+kcals compared!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    They are the worst thing I have ever eaten, I thought I was eating glue. Never again, I just weight my pasta 50g is worth 200+kcals compared!

Wow. Remind me never to buy whatever brand that was. Mine have never tasted like glue.