I am doing this once and for all! New me New year!

Options
I am 44 years old and I have about 90 pounds to lose. I have struggled a long time and yoyo dieted. Tried all the diets an fads. This time I am choosing healthy food and counting calories. I know I can do this!:smile:

Replies

• cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to friend me! This is a wonderful site. You can do this!!!
  • autumntia
    autumntia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I feel the same way! I have lost 3.3 pounds as of today this year and I am excited (started dieting a week before the New Year) .
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    So many motivated people it's great. Glad to meat you all! Happy new year.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    IM WITH YOU!!

I've yoyo'd too many times to count. this is it. nows the time.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    It is the best and only way. A good diet and exercise. Basically a lifestyle change. You can do this.
  • 311Phil
    Options

i wish i had your abs!!! i have a keg to your six pack!!

THIS WILL CHANGE!

The time is now.
  • nilisabel
    nilisabel Posts: 338
    Options
    welcome! Happy New year! that's a good new year's resolution! I lost over 60 pounds in my early 20s and now am on the way back down from a creep-up of 30 pounds over the last 6 years. Healthy is THE way!
  • NicholasMongold
    Options

i wish i had your abs!!! i have a keg to your six pack!!

THIS WILL CHANGE!

The time is now.

lol well thank you. But I am a BeachBody coach so It's my "job" to help out EVERYONE and to motivate and i LOVE it. Success stories are the BEST. I just want to have A LOT of friends and help EVERYONE i can.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!! I can so relate! I feel the same way! Its time to take charge! Im with you all the way!
  • ConnieGlemby
    ConnieGlemby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in the same vote with 50 pounds to lose. We can do this. Together.
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    Well what is everyones game plan for loosing weight.? Maybe if we share ideas we all can get an idea of what will work for ourselves?
  • lisamtr
    Options
    I'm new here, and I'm doing this as part of the Pound for Pound Challenge. For each pound my team pledges, they will donate 11¢ to Feeding America® — enough to secure one pound of groceries on behalf of local food banks. My team (Bo Peeps) is supporting the Second Harvest Food Bank in Nashville, TN. I have a lot to lose, but I'm going to take it one day at a time and with the tools available here and the support of my friends, I hope to lose some of this weight I've carried around for years!
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome aboard. You are in the right place for motiovation and support.
    Ive been here since July and altho I went off track a little during the holidays I have been very successfull.
    When you really want it this is definitely a great way of doing it.

The principles behind this method will stand you in great stead for a long term life style chnage that we help you avhieve your goal.

This is a marathon, not a sprint. some weeks you might not lose or even gain, but by logging everything you eat you can see where you went off track and learn from that.

Good Luck, try to get a group of friends on here who will comment and support you on your journey

Gem x
  • donnafred
    donnafred Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I hear ya!! I joined 3 weeks ago and am totally hooked. I am actually seeing a medical Dr. that runs a weight loss clinic that got me started. Started 2 weeks before Christmas.... strange time to start but I actually lost over the holidays instead of gaining!! What a concept!! And this is my last time on the yo yo life also!

Donna
  • 311Phil
    Options
    Well what is everyones game plan for loosing weight.? Maybe if we share ideas we all can get an idea of what will work for ourselves?

My game plan is based on the "biggest loser's 30 day jump start" and this site. I am eating healthy, cutting out all the crap like candy, soda's, and un-needed calorie intake.

I am also exercising with the wii and "jillian michaels fitness ultimatum 2010" and using free weights.

this is only day 4, and I need to stop weighing myself everday. I have gained 2 pounds since i started, but I am convincing my self this is from the muscle i've gained from working out....I hope thats true!
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Love this site, it is great with wonderful people who offer great support!! Please feel free to add me if you would like......good luck:)
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in September, and I've decided, this is the year for ME! My children are 4 and 3 and I'm determined to make some more time for myself. No more excuses! Let's go! We can do this!