Running/Walking Belts

Options
Cinbeth
Cinbeth Posts: 29 Member
Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for a good belt to go running/walking with to put keys and wallet. I saw the flip belt and Nathan's 5k belt. Any input is much appreciated.

Cindy

Replies

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to get one like this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/187721213/purple-and-pink-crackle-print-hip-band?ref=shop_home_active_6

I don't know if that's what you had in mind, but it looks comfy and serves it's purpose.
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in the SPIbelt. It's expandable and holds a ton of stuff. I have about 3 different ones.
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have tried 3-4 different belts and love the flip belt. Have never gone back to any of the others. Just be sure to flip it! I forgot once and my phone fell out. It fits snug and I never thought it would, but it did. I've never had a problem when it's flipped. I've had it for about 2 years.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I have an SPI belt, and 2 different iFitness belts (purchased at race expos). I like my iFitness belts the best. They really do stay in place and don't bounce around. I have a Nathan hydration belt for my warm weather long runs, but that's a whole different system. Sounds like an SPI belt or similar might fit your needs well.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Spi belt is great but it is rather small. It might be enough for your needs. You would have to hold any water should you wish to bring any on your walk/run.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    New Balance makes one with an LED light across the pocket to make the wearer more visible in low light situations.
  • Gholmar
    Gholmar Posts: 37
    Options
    My flip belt came a couple weeks ago, and I LOVE it. It fits snugly, and it holds everything I need (phone, keys, credit card, etc.) It's comfortable enough that it can hold a big set of keys against my hipbone and I won't even feel it while I'm running.

The downside is if you like to access your phone/iPod during the run. It's easy to insert or remove items while you're standing still, but pretty awkward if you're running. Walking probably wouldn't be bad though.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have/ had a nathan's 5k pack (gave it to my nephew) I have a fitletic fuel belt but use it to just carry my phone. since I got my garmin I don't bring my phone so i switched to a Nathan's speed pack with two 10oz water bottles. worked great ans just enough water for my 15K I ran yesterday. I think when I run my first half marathon I'll need more water bottles and get a new belt.