So what do YOU do with chia seeds?

Options
I_love_frogs
I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
I have some sitting here in their little bag...staring at me.

Saying "EAT ME!!!! USE ME!!!!!"

But, alas, I have no idea what to do with them. So, dear friends, the question is posted to the masses.

What do YOU do with your Chia seeds?

Replies

• joeanita
    joeanita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I mix 1/2 cup greek yoghurt, 1 to 2 tbsp. chia seeds, 1/2 scoop protein powder with a little water and keep it aside the night before. In the morning I add chopped strawberries or 1/2 apple and have a delicious breakfast ready in minutes. You could add nuts or other fruits as well.
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Same. Overnight oats.
    Oats milk yogurt chia seeds and frozen berries. Stir them up. Leave in fridge overnight. Amazing breakfast ready to go :-)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats and I make puddings out off it. Here is my fave pudding recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/mango-coconut-chia-pudding.html

So delicious!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I like to grow my own food. If I ate chia seeds I'd have a seriously cool garden like this one:
    Isn't it cute?

ea6dd4b3fd42739608e521c95b82b961.jpg
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Mix them in yogurt, oatmeal, grits, homemade granola, or a protein smoothie. Or just mix them in water and slug it down fast before they get slimy if you're pressed for time. :wink:
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Smoothies & Greek yogurt.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Make pets.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Mix some in juice or add them to greek yogurt also good in a vinaigrette dressing.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I like adding a little to yogurt, sprinkle on salads, mix in to oatmeal, mix in juices or smoothies. I really enjoy this Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding dessert (kind of has the consistency of tapioca).

1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
    2 tablespoons honey
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/4 cup chia seeds

Mix together, pour into 2 serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Serve with fresh fruit (optional).
  • ashlyshay
    ashlyshay Posts: 1
    Options
    I really love drinking Chia Fresca. You mix 2 cups of water, 1.5 tbsp of chia seeds, 1/2 tbsp or more of citrus juice (lime or lemon works best), and sweetener. I usually sweeten mine with honey.
  • rochellelbwalker
    Options
    I add mine to smoothies and fresh juices. I also add them to my salad, along with flax seed.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I put them in my smoothies every morning.
  • htebazil
    htebazil Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Like ashlyshay, I drink chia fresca. I dump 1 tbsp. chia seeds, juice from half of a lime, and about a tsp. of maple syrup in a glass and fill it up with water. This is the first thing I have every morning. I know some people don't like the texture of the chia seeds when they have expanded in water, but I don't mind it, so I will make four of these glasses at a time and leave them in lidded glasses (the 21-oz. version of these: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/working-glasses-with-lids/) in the fridge so I can just grab one each morning.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats and I make puddings out off it. Here is my fave pudding recipe: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/06/mango-coconut-chia-pudding.html

So delicious!

That sounds awesome!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    628x471.jpg
  • meonlybetterDUH
    meonlybetterDUH Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I put them in yogurt, oatmeal on my salads. I tried adding them to water/juice but my gag reflex kicks in!!