your doing great.
  • snapril68
    snapril68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It seems like you are doing great. You did say you wanted to keep dinners low carb though so I would cut out the rice.
  • dietingdanni
    Options
    Bump... Some good websites here
  • MommyisFit
    MommyisFit Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1200 most days. I feel very satisfied with what I am eating. My diary is open and you can feel free to add me if you would like. Please note there were a few days over the weekend that I did not log food. I was getting ready for a race and was eating more so didn't bother logging.
  • margiebabinmuise
    margiebabinmuise Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, then no - you do NOT want to eat back the calories spent on exercise. If you're looking to maintain you weight, then yes, feel free to eat those calories. :D
  • schmanciepants
    schmanciepants Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A couple of things I do for really low cal meals I do with extra lean ground turkey are:

Extra lean turkey chili (without beans - just peppers, onions, meat, tomatoes, spices)

Extra lean turkey with broccoli, buffalo sauce, and OPA blue cheese dressing - buffalo without the calories/fat

Extra lean turkey with tomato sauce (look for ones that do not have added sugar) and spaghetti squash
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Well since we're feeding a 5 year old child, because they need 1200 cals...
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Go get Bob Harper's Skinny Meals. I'm finishing up my 2nd week - I average 1100 - 1300 calories per day & I've dropped 7.5 lbs in 10 days! (I'm also on a "3 days on, 1 day off" workout plan - 5 mile run / Spartacus workout / 5 mile run / day off, then flip it) so I'm burning 300-600 a day in exercise.

You do have to have some ability in the kitchen. Meals are pretty labor-intensive (you get really tired of prepping & washing pots & pans) but can't argue with the results. They are high-protein, high-volume meals that taste really good.

Out of the 2 weeks so far there are only 1 or 2 meals I didn't care for (and I can be picky, as my wife can attest!)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    You mean 1200 calories for a meal right? Because you will starve on 1200 calories a day unless you exercise like crazy. Sounds like you need a new doctor.
  • Mandas13
    Mandas13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump for some ideas
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Why are you people encouraging her? Someone needs to tell her to MEET SCOOBY because 1200 calories is dangerously low:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I am also doing 1200 only because I am a shortie who is partially disabled so can't exercise much and I am trying to take off the last few stubborn pounds. You may find you do better upping your calories and slowly dropping like I did. I started out at 1700 and dropped as I lost. I know you don't want a lecture lol so I will share my ideas.
    Do you find you are overly hungry through the day? If you aren't, I would suggest skipping the snacks all together and focusing on two or three decent meals. It will give you more calories to work with when you plan your menu. Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss. I like to start very light for breakfast with some oatmeal, and I always have eggs for lunch with some fruit or Greek yogurt. Dinners vary because I am feeding the whole family. I save about 600 calories for that meal and I just eat smaller portions of what they are having and I pair it with a salad. We usually have some sort of meat and potatoes or I lighten up recipes like spaghetti by adding lots of veggies to the sauce and eating less pasta. When we have tacos, I do mine open faced on a plate with one shell crumbled on top and light sour cream on the side. once a week we have pizza night. I find store bought thin crust pizza to be the most calorie friendly. I always have mine with salad greens for a filling meal. Taking calorie laden recipes and lightening them up isnt too difficult. Usually it means going lighter on the cheese, sauce or oil. I also recommend Skinnytaste for ideas ;)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, then no - you do NOT want to eat back the calories spent on exercise. If you're looking to maintain you weight, then yes, feel free to eat those calories. :D
    If you're using the calories MFP gives you, you are meant to eat back exercise calories!
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I like to have an egg, slice of low calorie cheese, and toast or english muffin for breakfast, You can also do this thing I saw where you bake an egg in an avocado

Yogurt! I eat at least 1 yogurt a day and its really yummy and has protein and good probiotics and helps keep you "regular" lol sorry TMI. I like the brown cow brand they are humanely certified so you know its from happy cows :)

chipotle black bean burgers (morning star) are yummy....

you can bake chicken and fish and season them all sorts of ways and have with veggies & whole grains for dinner.
  • fitnessmom92
    Options
    I would suggest eating back the calories you burn from exercising. Dropping below 1200 calories can put your body in starvation mode and make it difficult for you to lose weight. Losing weight has less to do with the number or calories and more to do with what you're eating. If you eat "clean" then you WILL lose weight. You want to eat a high protein breakfast because your body has to work harder to break down the protein, so your metabolism speeds up. Try to only eat whole grains, but limit these after 4 pm. Eat lean proteins and lots of green vegetables.

For the recipe part:
    chili- ground turkey or lean ground beef, chili beans, canned tomatoes, onion, and chili mix
    avocado chicken salad- chicken breast, avocado, lime, cilantro, black pepper, and a little garlic
    sweet potato gnochi- I can't find my exact recipe right now.. but you can use whole wheat flower and top with olive oil and cinnamon or olive oil and sage
    turkey burger- I use the 80 calorie healthy life whole wheat buns and I top the burger with avocado. you can make sweet potato chips in the oven by baking sweet potato slices with a little olive oil and salt.
    a homemade vegetable and bean soup with grilled cheese (we use 2% kraft cheese and healthy life 35 calorie bread)