30 day squat challenge

Options
tworthen79
tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
Currently, I'm 172.2 5'7". And my goal is 145-150lbs. So I still have a good amount to lose. Wondering if I should try the 30 day squat challenge while still having fat to lose? Has anyone tried this while still trying to shed fat? And if you have some before and after pictures that would be awesome.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I did that in May of 2013. I was about the same stats you are now...

30daysquatt_zps7f4ed92d.jpg

These were this results...

A natural butt lift.

It prompted me to go onto something more...30DS then heavy lifting which btw gives a butt lift too...
  • tworthen79
    Options
    So even with some fat still on my butt, doing this would still be beneficial?

And your results are awesome!! :smile:
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not. Yes, it's beneficial but body weight squats will only get you so far. Grab some weights if it's one of those challenges that tell you do a million squats that way you can do less squats to save time and maybe even get better results.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    So even with some fat still on my butt, doing this would still be beneficial?

And your results are awesome!! :s
    :smile:

Heck yah...

I was about 180lbs in that pic...
  • tworthen79
    Options
    Thank you ladies. Today was day 1. Question. If you get tired and take a break, is that ok? Because I did 50 today and I had to stop for a minute or so, at around 25.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Anything that gets you off the couch and motivated is A-OK in my book. So far I've seen some great results from spending at least 45 minutes on the elliptical then adding in strength training after. Strength training from what I noticed burns a lot less calories than working in the elliptical but I'm motivated to do it and building muscle helps to burn more calories even when at rest (so great trade).
  • aliwhalen
    aliwhalen Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do this but it KILLED my knees. My mom has bad knees and mine creak and crack and pop when I walk, so maybe that's why? They make your booteh look good though! ;)
  • tworthen79
    Options
    That's what I thought. As long as I'm moving at not staying stagnate, then it's a plus!
    I just didn't want to make my already big butt, bigger...lol But once the fat comes off, I'll have some nice butt cheeks! :)