Scale does not matter!! I'm proof....

Options
KylaDenay
KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
I have been complaining for the past couple of months about not losing any weight. I have been so angry and upset, that I never really took the time to see what I looked like before I started and now. Everyone tells me to throw the scale out and that measurements are important. Well I did not take measurements and lost about 3-4 inches on my bust and about 1 inch off my waste. I still was not happy with this.

When I started my journey "for real," I was 154 lbs. Now I am 163.5 lbs. I am very upset about that! Who wants to gain weight when they are trying to lose weight. Well my mother sent me a picture on FB and said "see." OMG I looked a hot mess in that picture. I look at that picture and was like WOW I really do look a lot better!

So my point is that I have had some success. I gained weight yes, but I did end up losing some inches in the long wrong. I just want to help those of you who are struggling like me and may not have took to the time to look at their measurements or pictures. The scale is not important. I now barely even use it. Here are some pics to show you what I mean.....

6ab2a593-ed49-4109-a9f3-17b2a6525071_zps7f3c1177.jpg

8ec638fa-4094-4cf9-b609-e02b121d2cc1_zpsb89f0f7c.jpg

06bcd685-6420-4d19-9852-98a01cf03f65_zps166ff429.jpg

b91fe490-ec39-4471-a89a-b2eafe438927_zpsef8186e6.jpg

You can also see it in my profile picture.

Replies

• PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Scales are only part of the picture! You are looking good! Congratulations on losing inches!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Pictures are worth a thousand words and speak louder than scales - awesome job, you look great! As for the weight gain, it's more than likely your body building muscle and the inches lost from the fat you're burning - great combo if you ask me :) Keep it up!!
  • chickenchaser78
    chickenchaser78 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeah the scale will totally mess with your mind. You look fantastic!!
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Whatever you're doing its working!
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look so good! Your stomach is SO flat :) Great job, Girl :)
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Fab!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    You look great! And I have hair envy :-)
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    Thank you soooo much everyone! Now that I got this part past me, I have to start working on fat loss. It is not easy at all!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can really tell from the pics............ I know its so hard not to focus on the scales, but inches are better!

Fab work!
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    Thank you so much!! I was shocked when I looked at the pictures. I did not understand the background of weight loss and since the scale did not move, I thought I would look the same. I was fat at 154 lbs and I am (thick) at 163 lbs!! Still over weight, but it looks better :drinker:
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    AMAZING difference! I am the same way, working on not taking the scales lies into consideration lol. I have lost over 20 inches and my scale hs yet to move in 5 months.

Today my pants are literally falling off and im 30 lbs heavier then when they actually fit and they fit snug (6 yrs ago). So yeah ...I thank you for this post, makes me happy!!!
  • minky_r
    minky_r Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    you are sooo right!! I am proof as well!!
  • KylaDenay
    Options
    AMAZING difference! I am the same way, working on not taking the scales lies into consideration lol. I have lost over 20 inches and my scale hs yet to move in 5 months.

Today my pants are literally falling off and im 30 lbs heavier then when they actually fit and they fit snug (6 yrs ago). So yeah ...I thank you for this post, makes me happy!!!

Thank you! That is a nice feeling to have isn't it?!
  • felicia2005
    felicia2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Go ahead Kyla! You are evidently gaining muscle. I want some!!! You look very good. I always like to see the scale move but if I can physically see the changes it always help. I wish you even more success!
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes last year when I was doing insanity, I did not lose weight and my thighs got bigger :-0 but my stomach was flatter, my arms were stronger and more toned. I was STRONG and felt good!

Due to a change in work situation, I fell off the insanity cart but am still working out. Maybe I will get back to insanity soon :-)
  • Keshondra954
    Options
    Thanks! I needed to see this. (-:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!