Fitbit??

Options
kr1ssy23
kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
Hey everyone! Does anyone have a FitBit? I was thinking about getting either the Zip or Flex but dont know the accuracy of either one. Or is there another thats better? I dont wanna spend LOADS of money but I think having one would help with my motivation. Any opinion would be a great help. Thanks :)

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I debated getting one for a long time. I compared all the different models and what they do, and decided the basic Zip was for me (don't need the sleep tracking, and I'm rarely around stairs, so didn't need that feature). I didn't want something for my wrist, and the Zip clips to my bra so it's out of sight, and less likely to get lost. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so turned to eBay, and picked up a new one for about 38 bucks.

It works great - the total daily calorie burn is pretty close to the TDEE calculators I've been using for the past couple of years, so I was glad to see that. It's a great motivator - aiming for 10,000 steps a day (or whatever you want to custom set it for), distance, and active minutes are goals I reach for each day. I have Fitbit friends and it's fun to see their names and weekly step counts on my list, and that's another motivator - to keep up with or pass them up! :)
  • jillebee44
    jillebee44 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I too am wondering the same thing. I have been tossing the idea out there...thank you Amy for you input on the Zip too! I think that maybe the direction I take as well. I don't feel I need the sleep tracker either. I do get enough sleep and I wake up most days feeling rested.

Plus it's cheaper :) I hope to get motivation from it as well. I have been lacking in that department lately, and maybe just counting steps will help along with my regular workouts. I sit at work, I am a 911 dispatcher, so I am rarely on my feet. Something like this will help me on my breaks and after work to be more active and choosing better options for walking places.

THANKS AGAIN!
  • kimleejohnson
    Options
    I purchased the Fitbit flex about a month ago and absolutely love it. It is my accountability and helps me go the extra!!! I love how it syncs with fitness pal too. It is better when your friends get one and you can start competing against each other also.
  • goldeneyes17
    goldeneyes17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I got my fitbit one last week and am soooo pleased with it. It really does motivate you to reach the next target. To the point where I have found myself wandering about the bedroom just to get that next level! Crazy I know.
    The data is really good, but I really like the way the food diary on MFP links with the Fitbit site, as MFP food search/mobile scan function is much better. I would recommend. x
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex and i love it. I forget i have it on my wrist. I don't like the sleep tracker- i don't feel it is accurate, but i love everything else about it. the only time I take it off is to charge it and that is usually when i am at work sitting at my desk. I feel guilty if I get up and walk without it on! LOL! I love how it syncs so perfectly with MFP as well. It makes life so much easier!!
  • millytheriot
    millytheriot Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a FitBit Ultra (No longer make these, but basically like the One) and I absolutely loved it! I had it for a couple of years and would wear it on my waist. I ran into things one too many times and it wound up cracking, so my husband bought me a Flex for Christmas. Originally I loved it! I love how I can wear it in the shower and it basically was tracking every move that I made. But I started to notice that it's not nearly as accurate as my Ultra was. I'm not sure if it's because it's on my wrist instead of my waist or what, but that's been disappointing. If I could have went with the One instead of the Flex, then I would have. Also on the Flex you can't see any of your stats unless you sync to the computer or your phone. On the One you can see your stats from the device. Overall I absolutely love FitBit!! Good luck!!
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    What a waste of money!
  • dmafit
    dmafit Posts: 4
    Options
    I have the basic fitbit / I find it does what I need it to and keeps my in checked with daily steps and links to MFP. I love it!
  • minischnauz4
    minischnauz4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and love it! I can't speak for the zip (although I know it's cheaper). I don't use the one for sleep tracking and that wasn't a feature I needed so I kind of ignore that part of it. I like that the one tracks steps, stairs, miles, and calories burned. It also has a "flower" feature that grows taller as you move more and then starts to shrink as you move less so that, too, is motivating to me. The one thing I really like is the instant gratification and motivation I can get simply by clicking on the little button that shows me how I'm doing visually without having to log in on my phone or computer to see data. I'm not sure the zip can show you this, but I really do check mine several times a day so I can get a quick check of where I'm at in my miles and steps and where I still would like to be so I find I'll move more to reach my self-set goals during the day. My son actually decided he wanted one for his birthday gift after seeing mine and we have a daily competition to try to outdo the other. I hope this helps you in your decision process, but I'd suggest just getting the one that works best for your needs and what you want it to do for you. That's how I ended up with the one because I knew going in to the purchase that I wanted to be able to visually see what I was doing without logging in to my phone all the time. If the force had still been available, I might have went with that, but I like the idea that no one but me knows I'm wearing my fitbit one, so it really was the best choice for me.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Buy a Garmin, you won't regret it. It will make all other devices look like the toys they are. Ha ha
  • pgreco4479
    pgreco4479 Posts: 6
    Options
    I got my Zip last November for my birthday and I love it. It clips to your bra so you even forget that it's there. The best thing is that it keeps me on track. Sometimes when I see I'm a few thousand steps from reaching goal, it motivated me to get moving. It's like I have this competition going everyday to reach my goal
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for ur imput. I looked at the garmin but thats a little out of my budget so Im going with Fitbit...probably the Zip and then upgrading when I can. Thanks again! :)
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have the polar loop which essentially is a fitbit. It is a great tool if you are not very active. it will tell you (not literally but some do) tell you when it's time to get up and move. I personally like the garmin vivo.

since I run 6 days a week with a min of 6.2 miles a day I don't need the polar loop anymore.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have the One, as does my husband. My hubby and a friend of ours use the sleep tracking function, but I don't . I also don't have the adjusting functions set in MFP. I just read what it says on the actual device and use MFP to track my food. It has motivated ALL of us to generally get moving more in our day to day lives. We all work out on a regular basis, but when not doing deliberate exercise, I'm pretty sedentary.

It's inspired me to do little things like switch to a printer across the office instead of the one on my desk so I need to get up and walk everytime I need to retrieve a document, use the bathroom upstairs if I'm sitting at home watching t.v., walk an extra half an hour before walking to the school to pick up my daughter instead of heading straight there, wander around the boardroom while my lunch is heating up, etc. lol

The difference for me is that it opened my eyes to what my daily calorie burn truly is. I workout 6 days per week, and the online calculators have me at a 20% deficit at 2100 cals per day. My fitbit shows me burning 2100 cals per day. Was very discouraging, but at least now I know why I wasn't losing any weight :)

Of anyone I know personally who has one (either the One or the Zip), they all love it and each have lost weight just through having a basic awareness of the data. I highly recommend it!
  • tmodaniel0720
    tmodaniel0720 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What a waste of money!

Is it your money........? Did you work for it......? Oh, you didn't.....please move along
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit zip! It's highly motivating!
  • taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Does anyone have a FitBit? I was thinking about getting either the Zip or Flex but dont know the accuracy of either one. Or is there another thats better? I dont wanna spend LOADS of money but I think having one would help with my motivation. Any opinion would be a great help. Thanks :)

DO IT!! I love love love Fitbit and most of their products. I have owned the one, flex, and force. The one clips on just like the zip and unfortunately, I lost it because it fell off somewhere and I didn't notice.

I prefer the flex as it is a wrist band and easier to keep track of.

The app interface is incredible and it auto-logs to MFP. I found all of the devices to be highly accurate, though the body-clip ones were slightly more accurate because they can't get confused with activities like folding laundry.
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i have had my Fitbit One for over a year now and love it!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit zip and like it, but I just recently got a fitbit one and I love even more than the zip!!! :happy:
  • futrformrfatty
    futrformrfatty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and I love it! It really motivates you to move more. Also love that it syncs to mfp. I can't vouch for the sleep tracker as I've never used it. If anyone wants to be fitbit friends add me on here and I will give you my email address