Weird Grocery Store Purchases

Options
Shell_1384
Shell_1384 Posts: 80 Member
While getting my groceries last night I looked at what some of the other people in line were buying and it got me wondering: What is the weirdest thing or combination of things you have seen someone buy? Last night the woman in front of me was only buying KY personal lubricant and about 10 boxes of yogurt tubes. I can only imagine what her plans were!!!

Replies

• raholden88
    raholden88 Posts: 34
    Options
    And now I need to clean my work desk of water that I spit everywhere. Thanks! HAHAH!

I've seen nothing that compares to the first post but I've seen people buy four wagons of food filled beyond the brim in some sort of god like balancing act, thinking "Gee this person must have some amazing coupons, though nothing looks to be the same," and watched as the whole purchase was rung up for $890 or so dollars. Then while I'm waiting excitingly for the coupons to come out, to watch this master coupon-er get away with an amazing hall, the woman simply pulls a WIC card, swipes it, and is told "sorry the network is down we can't take WIC right now."

The woman just walks away without saying a word, leaving her four carts in front of us. They close the register and move us to another.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    This REALLY big woman with three REALLY big daughters... Was buying at least 100 cartons of eggs.

I was with my ex at the checkout line about to purchase a carton of 18 eggs.. I looked at him, I put those eggs back..
    I stopped eating eggs since.... That was like 4 years ago... I haven't bought a carton of eggs that contains more than 6 eggs that I'm sure I will use the same day for some sort of baking project/cake/cookies/brownies etc...

I can't buy eggs thanks to that. I think I was traumatized lol.
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I've done things just to mess with people's heads...once with a female friend of mine, we bought condoms, astroglide, duct tape, and a cucumber. We smiled at the cashier and everyone else in the line-up just for kicks.

Sometimes, I just love walmart.
  • ashleyjohnstonn1
    ashleyjohnstonn1 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    One time my mom made me go into the grocery store when I was a young teenager (about 14) to buy toilet paper and eggs. You can imagine what people probably thought I was doing.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I've done things just to mess with people's heads...once with a female friend of mine, we bought condoms, astroglide, duct tape, and a cucumber. We smiled at the cashier and everyone else in the line-up just for kicks.

:laugh: Should have taken a picture and sent it to the People of Walmart site!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    One time my mom made me go into the grocery store when I was a young teenager (about 14) to buy toilet paper and eggs. You can imagine what people probably thought I was doing.

:laugh: you heathan :laugh:
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options

:laugh: Should have taken a picture and sent it to the People of Walmart site!

I just googled "People of Walmart" and was not disappointed! Never seen that before! I definitely will next time :D
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    This REALLY big woman with three REALLY big daughters... Was buying at least 100 cartons of eggs.

I was with my ex at the checkout line about to purchase a carton of 18 eggs.. I looked at him, I put those eggs back..
    I stopped eating eggs since.... That was like 4 years ago... I haven't bought a carton of eggs that contains more than 6 eggs that I'm sure I will use the same day for some sort of baking project/cake/cookies/brownies etc...

I'm not sure why this made you not want eggs.

By the way, I'm probably your biggest post stalker right now... Love seeing that evil bunny pop up.
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options

LMAO! It took me a moment to "get it" but oh my goodness that's hilarious.
  • skinnysprice
    skinnysprice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live in a super small town of about 1,100 people. We have one tiny grocery store. Not that I've seen anyone buy it (and probably wouldn't because everyone knows everyone), but our grocery store has condoms, pregnancy tests, and poloroid film cartridges BEHIND the counter. I have always cracked up at it since I was young. Seeing that combination of items behind the counter every time you check out is funny, but worse, you have to ASK the cashier if you want those things. Again, small town. I'm sure they end up throwing in out because it expires... or not! Uh-oh.
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I went to walmart one time and all I bought was rope, whipped cream, and lube. The cashier had given me some weird looks!
  • MysteriousLdy
    MysteriousLdy Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I went to walmart one time and all I bought was rope, whipped cream, and lube. The cashier had given me some weird looks!

:huh: :huh: :huh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Playing bondage game? Sounds fun! :laugh: :laugh:
  • elusive_design
    elusive_design Posts: 1,095 Member
    Options

We now have confirmed proof that our wonderfully Sinful rabbit is indeed not the easter bunny!