New Adidas Boost - Spotify + RunKeeper = Awesome

Options
http://spotify-adidas.com/boostyourrun/#/us

"Adidas and Spotify partner up to add endless energy to your run! Enter the location, distance and intensity of your run to discover local routes and unlock a music playlist that will boost your run!"

It asks for your location, your favorite song, how far you want to run, at what pace, and then gives you a playlist, and several popular RunKeeper routes for your area.

You can save it back down to your Spotify playlists and share it on your networks.

Wicked cool.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Honestly- this makes me sad than thinking it's cool- I guess I just liked the "old days" where you just went out and ran- got lost and ran some more.

If you don't have it in you to go do it on your own- a little toy is only going to work so much for so long to get you to do the thing.

I see this a lot with motorcyclist- they want to use their GPS instead of just going on a road trip and seeing where it takes them. That's half the fun to me.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Honestly- this makes me sad than thinking it's cool- I guess I just liked the "old days" where you just went out and ran- got lost and ran some more.

If you don't have it in you to go do it on your own- a little toy is only going to work so much for so long to get you to do the thing.

I see this a lot with motorcyclist- they want to use their GPS instead of just going on a road trip and seeing where it takes them. That's half the fun to me.

I agree with you. I go out to run until I run till I get tired. I have found many fun places by getting lost. Wheres the adventure in a planned route?
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    People who run out of their houses (vs. driving or biking somewhere to go running) often get stuck in ruts -- running the same route or one of 4 routes every day. This is especially true if you have a distance goal that you need to meet every day, it can be tempting to run the same 10-mile run just because you know the distance, know the incline changes, and know your average time. I like using WalkJogRun to pre-plan routes so I know all the data before my workout and so I can explore new tracks that start outside my front door.

I guess the difference is that while I like "getting lost" as much as the next gal, I need the data to track my progress.
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think it's a cool idea. If I ever take up running I would use something like this.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    People who run out of their houses (vs. driving or biking somewhere to go running) often get stuck in ruts -- running the same route or one of 4 routes every day. This is especially true if you have a distance goal that you need to meet every day, it can be tempting to run the same 10-mile run just because you know the distance, know the incline changes, and know your average time. I like using WalkJogRun to pre-plan routes so I know all the data before my workout and so I can explore new tracks that start outside my front door.

I guess the difference is that while I like "getting lost" as much as the next gal, I need the data to track my progress.

yeah I could see that being useful. valid point!
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just go out and run.

But I get tired of the same music.

And i get tire of the same routes.

Live and let run.