Confession: You CAN out-eat any exercise

Options
Maybe this is going to sound too catholic but I believe in confession so here it goes mfp peeps:

I have been binging at night and not logging it :( I just pretend it didn't happen. I workout every single day. I'm feeling stronger, lifting more in the gym, going longer on my runs... but I haven't lost a single pound in months. On top of that my body fat percentage is the same too. I see no difference in my appearance even though I'm working out more and harder than anyone I know. I really do enjoy working out otherwise I would have stopped awhile ago because I'm seeing no results.

This morning I am being honest with myself and all of you... I have been out-eating all my work at the gym. It's bad :( But now that I am admitting it, I know last night was the last time. I'm logging everything from here on out! And maybe if I see all the calories I'm eating it'll start to move in the right direction.

:) Keep on keepin' on guys!

Replies

• ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is going to sound too catholic but I believe in confession so here it goes mfp peeps:

I have been binging at night and not logging it :( I just pretend it didn't happen. I workout every single day. I'm feeling stronger, lifting more in the gym, going longer on my runs... but I haven't lost a single pound in months. On top of that my body fat percentage is the same too. I see no difference in my appearance even though I'm working out more and harder than anyone I know. I really do enjoy working out otherwise I would have stopped awhile ago because I'm seeing no results.

This morning I am being honest with myself and all of you... I have been out-eating all my work at the gym. It's bad :( But now that I am admitting it, I know last night was the last time. I'm logging everything from here on out! And maybe if I see all the calories I'm eating it'll start to move in the right direction.

Thank you for sharing

:) Keep on keepin' on guys!
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've never understood people who act as if not logging it means it didn't happen. Welcome to the light. See the consequences of your choices and make new ones.

Good luck.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I've never understood people who act as if not logging it means it didn't happen. Welcome to the light. See the consequences of your choices and make new ones.

Good luck.

It's like the little kids who sneak downstairs after bead time right past mom and dad on the couch, but have their faces hidden. "If I can't see them, then they can't see me."

OP, I've been where you are. It's tough and it sucks, but really not logging and pretending it didn't happen is only lying to yourself. And my breaking point was thinking if I can't be truthful to myself, then how can I expect others to be truthful to me, or trust that they aren't lying? GL!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    You are not out eating your exercise, you are in maintenance. :smile: You are out-eating your desired calorie deficit. If you are binging at night, perhaps your calorie deficit is too severe. Depending on how much weight you want to lose, it should be between 250 to 500 calories a day max. If you are obese, it can be higher.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I confess, I've tried to out exercise a bad diet several times in my life. Because I'm stubborn and sometimes I'm a slow learner.

On the bright side, maybe you've built a nice amount of muscle to work with, worked off the soreness of new exercise regimes, who knows, maybe you even made your metabolism happy? Why not hope for some positives out of it?
  • love_faithfulness
    Options
    You are not out eating your exercise, you are in maintenance. :smile: You are out-eating your desired calorie deficit. If you are binging at night, perhaps your calorie deficit is too severe. Depending on how much weight you want to lose, it should be between 250 to 500 calories a day max. If you are obese, it can be higher.

I see your point there. And you are right, I'm out-eating the deficit I'm trying to create. I think that's why I never logged when I binge at night because I knew that I was only eating around 1400 calories during the day and I didn't think to count the rest because Iknew I needed to eat more and I didn't think it could add up to all that much. But this morning I felt horrible and did some math... I am eating way more that I thought I was. Which is why I'm going to log everything now.
  • TraceyLee1102
    TraceyLee1102 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! Try not to dwell in the past..just get logging everything from this point forward and you got this!
  • love_faithfulness
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone :) I am excited to start logging everything and see what comes from that
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I get so hungry when I am lifting and I find if i don't eat I don't get stronger and get demotivated. I find it easier to do about 1 week every month where I drop the lifting and just focus on keeping my calories within my 1400 for a week or so. It's probably all wrong but it is working for me, it's much easier to lean out for a week then go back to being a bit more relaxed for me.
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I was lying to myself for a while. One day I realized that my diary on here is closed, and I'm just lying to myself and cheating myself. Every time I went to go eat and not log it, I'd just remind myself that I was only cheating myself.

Also now I log before I put any food into my mouth.