New! Losing weight for my wedding

Options
Hi all,

Am new here and aiming to lose weight for my wedding. It's not until June 2012 but I thought now would be a good time to start - lose gradually and keep it off, at least that's what I'm hoping for! New Year's resolution all round!

Replies

• darlin930
    darlin930 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am sure that you will find everyone on this site very supportive and helpful through your entire journey and beyond!
  • alocin17uk
    Options
    Hi, me too! I'm getting married in July 2012 and don't want to lose too much - just a few pounds. But definitely don't want to put any on so thought this would be a good way of keeping myself in check! :tongue:
  • sourapple99
    sourapple99 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hey i'm also losing weight for my wedding! i would like to shed 15 pounds. Im not getting married till September but by April i want to have lost the weight before i do wedding shopping:)
  • yumcheese
    yumcheese Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm getting married in November and am trying to get down to my goal weight before summer so I can maintain and tone during the final months. So excited to be getting married!

Good luck to everyone!
  • Jessicah1987
    Jessicah1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm getting hitched, too! I'm getting married in September and I have a LONG way to go, but I know that MFP and all of my Fitness Pals can help. Best of luck to you and congrats!
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married next October and trying to tone up :-). There's lots of helpful advice and support to be found here :-)

Best of luck and I'm sure this site will help you achieve your goals!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My wedding is October of this year and I'm looking to lose the final 35-40lbs before then. I've already talked to a few dress stores and it shouldn't be a problem if I buy the dress in March and need to exchange it for a smaller size during the summer :)

Best of luck to everyone!
  • takingnameskickingbutt
    Options
    I have already lost 50 pounds last year with my fiance, but want to lose 40 pounds more before I begin dress shopping in late summer! I feel like this app is really helpful because I am always either by my computer or have my phone with me! I also really like the combination of support from you wonderful ladies and talking wedding shop! Feel free to add me! :))
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married July 2012 too! and that's why I'm here lol
  • kalyrra
    kalyrra Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married this September, and I need to lose about 50-60 lbs! Would love to lose it by early summer so I can start toning, etc... Good luck to us "losers"!!!!! And congratulations on the weddings, ladies!! Looking forward to hearing helpful hints and tips from eachother =)