NSV

Options
dietpepsi100
dietpepsi100 Posts: 76 Member
2 years in and I have lost quite a bit of weight but this last Sunday was one of the biggest victories so far! May 2012 I walked a 12k I was 388 pounds, I could barely walk this distance but I finished feeling sick and disguested with myself but non the less I did it. When I crossed the finish line I told my sisters next year I'm coming back here and I am going to weigh 130 pounds less so 2013 I returned 131 pounds less than the previous year! I was proud of my accomplishment and when I crossed the finish line I told my Sisters 2014 I will run this race! So Sunday May 4th, 2014 I returned and My goal was to not walk a step and to finish under 2 hours. Well I did not walk and I finished in 1 hour and 51 minutes! I actually did it! My advice to those battling their weight is set small goals to help acheive the larger goals. Slow and Steady. And NEVER SAY NEVER!

Replies

• ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • farrellchloe
    farrellchloe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    amazing :) well done :smile:
  • sashafischang
    sashafischang Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Thanks for your inspiration. I really needed it today! Keep up all of your good work. Sounds like you need a goal for 2015 :)
  • Xtal427
    Xtal427 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That is OUTSTANDING and an inspiration to someone like me who is just starting down this long journey!
    I'm out to lose 100 lbs my March 2015 and just hit a short plateau....trying not to obsess about the scale, but still weigh daily to ensure I don't reverse directions!!

I too wanna do a 10K eventually, but for now I'm concentrating on a 5K - already did 5K on a LifeFitness elliptical in 28:30 but wanna improve on that!

So what's the goal for 2015?

Dave in Tampa
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Impressive and amazing dedication!
  • JKDLady
    JKDLady Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You go!!!!! What an inspiration.
  • mokeefe012
    mokeefe012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    AWESOMENESS!!! WAY TO GO!!!! ABSOLUTELY GREAT DEDICATION!!
  • dietpepsi100
    Options
    thanks everyone! my goals for 2015 is to reach my weight goal and obtain my total weight loss and then move on into maintainence. Slow and stead wins this race as far as Im concerned! we all need each other to win this battle!
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • bear2303
    bear2303 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wow that is amazing and so inspiring all of your hard work has totally paid off!!! YOU DID IT!!! Congrats on accomplishing not only your goals but also inspiring others to continue on theirs!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    WOW! Amazing work, heart and dedication!! Thanks for the inspiration today!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • dietpepsi100
    Options
    still a work in progress! over time I will become within normal weight limits! it took me years to gain this weight it dose not fall off! wish it did! lol
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That is just AWESOME!!!!! What a wonderful feeling that must have been - to run and finish under 2 hours!!! I am so proud of you (and I don't even know you!!!) but experiencing what I'm experiencing on my own "journey" I just feel elated for your accomplishments. Bravo!!!!!
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome and inspiring NSV!! Good for you! Savor the moment!
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Impressive and way to set your goals and meet them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!