Anyone use Raspberry KetoneRX?

Options
Relaeh
Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
Just wondering if anyone has had any use experience with raspberry ketones? Positives and negatives welcome! Tx :)

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well the only experience I've heard is that it lightens your wallet cause there is nothing it does for weight loss or health.
  • Relaeh
    Options
    Lol...good one!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    In all honesty my sister has used them and they didn't help her in anyway...

If she eats too much she gains, if she eats at a deficet she loses...eats at maintenance she maintains...the raspberry pills had no effect on any of it.
  • BuckTheBMI
    BuckTheBMI Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have never used that specific one but from what I have read (and seen through personal experience) about most diet supplements is that once you stop using them the weight comes back on. There is no regulation for them either, by the FDA, so there is no guarantee you are even getting what you pay for... much less whether or not it will work for you.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Its all bogus, if you want benefits of ketones, your body should generate them.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Only benefit: They smell nice. Throw some pills in a little glass bowl and set it on your desk and it might be worth buying one bottle as an air freshener.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I will admit that I was sucked into purchasing them when they were the fad according to Dr.Oz...purchased those and the green coffee bean extract something or another (BTW this was long before I heard of MFP, and read about the correct way to lose weight sucessfully). I still take 1 a day (because I dont want to just waste the money) and I have not noticed any weight loss that I would directly contribute to them....but I can say that they seem to help up my energy level and help reduce appetite. I only say that because I notice a difference in both on days when I don't take them.....and yes it could be placebo effect...I personally would not recommend purchasing them.
  • Relaeh
    Options
    Figured its a waste of $$ and time, but I recently had someone claim they lost 15lbs over 6 weeks while using...but since I've fallen for this stuff in the past, I am skeptical!
  • BuckTheBMI
    BuckTheBMI Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just do what Hulk Hogan told kids to do back in the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMkC67sEEs8
  • Relaeh
    Options
    Just do what Hulk Hogan told kids to do back in the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMkC67sEEs8
    That's hilarious!!!
  • Relaeh
    Options
    I know there is no magic pill...proven with MFP there's only one way to get fit and loose excess weight...
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It's basically just a caffeine pill. You can buy caffeine pills from Wal Mart for $2/100ct bottle instead of $30 of ketone
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've used them....

Like most supplements, they "enhance" your efforts.

I personally took Tru brand. They had a mix of raspberry ketones, green coffee bean extract and african mango.

I lost 12 lbs in 4 months.

Oh....I should probaby mention that I began running 6-10 miles 4 days a week around the same time, and logging every bite I ate.

That may have had something to do with it too.
  • princessgloomy
    princessgloomy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Why does everyone act like they are so expensive? You can get them at Wal-Mart for less than ten dollars...

The idea is that when taken as directed (usually with a glass of water, 30 minutes before a meal) they are supposed to suppress your appetite?

I think I may have ate less at lunch and dinner when taking them, but that could have just been the glass of water filling me up as well? For me eating less at meal times led to unecessary snacking :(
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    NO SUPPLEMENT or DRUG will work without calorie deficit. Here's the secret: calorie deficit works without supplement or drugs. For real.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RedWritesBooks
    RedWritesBooks Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I work part-time at a health food store down here and I can honestly tell you they're super expensive and work about the same as green tea, meaning they'll give you an energy boost, but that's about it :)
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    well the only experience I've heard is that it lightens your wallet cause there is nothing it does for weight loss or health.

Cons: Wastes money, does nothing
    Pros: They smell nice (at least mine did)