Share your tiny victories!

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
I'm about three and a half weeks into my decision to get healthy. But it's the little things that really make me happy along the way.

Five pounds down since I started weighing myself again. Possibly a few more, since it took a week to get up the courage to get on the scale.

I have to pull up my pants when I stand up. They're getting looser. Previously, I was unbuttoning the waistband whenever I sat down.

I've stopped snoring. I was never much of a snorer, but the last few months, my husband has been waking me up to get me to roll over so I'm not honking in his ear. That's stopped.

I noticed yesterday while at the gym that even 3/4 of the way through my walking/jogging workout, I was still breathing through my nose. Not huffing and puffing. The first time I tried C25K, I had a mild asthmatic episode.

I'm using the middle instead of the last hook on my bra band.

My mood and energy level are both elevated.

How about you? What are you tiny victories?

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I can walk up steps without my knees hurting.
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 5 push ups. I know, sounds funny to be UP to 5. But it sure beats what I started being able to do.
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    I forgot one. By the end of a walk with the dog, I'm dragging him vs the other way around.
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sounds very very small. but I am here and my mind is in the right spot again.

Oh and I threw out left over Christmas crap. So easy to fall into the pit of doom.
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I can see my thigh muscles past my belly!
    I am enjoying exercising - it give me such a sense of accomplishment - and is no longer tourture.
    My clothes are fitting loose..and I've been shopping in my closet!
  • ziggythecat
    ziggythecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    20 incline situps. That's amazing considering I've got this gut in the way.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I fulfilled my 2010 new years resolution to be physical fit for 365 days!!!! That is a reset for 2011 along with better eating habits!!!
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I bought a pencil skirt in October, but needed my boyfriend to help me zip it up. Yesterday I wore it to work, zipped it all by myself and it was even a little loose around the waist and tummy!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I look forward to my workouts instead of dreading them. I also bought size medium workout pants the other day. woohoo!
  • carrietobias
    Options
    I can ride my stationary bike with out my knees hitting my stomach!!! weehew!!!
  • jacksonde24
    Options
    Yesterday, I did 30mn on the Elliptical and hour of kickboxing. This morning woke up and did P90X arms and shoulders. I can tell a big difference in my energy today.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I did a cardio video I've been struggling with today. Made it further than I have in the past, and kept pushing myself. I've never, EVER pushed myself that hard before, and it just goes to show me, I CAN do it!

L.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    All I can say is Be PROUD of yourself, cuz you are ALL doing GREAT!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    My biggest tiny victory just occurred to me. It's a mindset thing. Instead of feeling like I'm depriving myself by watching what I eat, and in a way, punishing myself for gaining weight, I feel like I'm rewarding myself. I'm doing something really, really good for my body and health. I'm spoiling myself by taking the time and effort to get in better shape far more than I spoil myself eating a candy bar.

In fact, I've had a bag of Butterfingers Christmas candy in the kitchen for over a week and haven't touched them. I haven't wanted to.
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Since I lost weight (last year, 10lbs), I can stand longer at gigs when watching my favourite bands. I use to find my feet and knees were sore after the first support band. Now they don't get sore at all :)
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    My tiny victory....I finished an entire mile on Walk Away the Pounds yesterday. It took 8 days to be able to complete a mile, but I did it!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yay! We're all doing great! I can get my work trousers on without undoing the buttons, and hubby just sat and ate 2 packets of crisps and a load of chocolate and I didn't have any!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    when I sit down, my boobs are bigger then the fat roll under them now!! :bigsmile:

I don't need naps anymore!! :bigsmile:

I packed up all my size large Scrubs for work and wear Medium's now!! :happy:

I like water!! :drinker:

I can wear my black boots with a heal and zip them up over my calves without my husbands help!! :noway:
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am in c25k week two. I lost five pounds. I feel great doing workouts.
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I can see a little definition in my upper arms now. They have been fat and straight for so long now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!