A Letter to My Pop Tart

Options
Dear Pop Tart,

I'm sorry to tell you that I will be taking a break from you for a while. It's not you, it's me. Actually, it's ice cream. I want more ice cream! You've been my cardio day treat for a while now, and you've taught me a valuable lesson in self-control, which I greatly appreciate. Between you and this post, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity, I'm a much more conscientious logger. I know I don't have to eat your twin, and I can put it away until the next time. That's what baggies are for, right? Keep fighting the good fight.

Until we meet again,

Cupcake :heart:

PhotoGrid_1399572154118_zps9ytlkmcq.jpg

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    After a break up, the other party (pop tart) is usually much better and tries harder to please you. I see this as a win/win. You go girl - playing ice cream against pop tart.

Seriously, nice message - probably the most important thing to learn - self control. :drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Awww sad. But I've mostly cut poptarts for the same reason. :heart:
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Now i want a pop tart AND ice cream....
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Exactly.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    After a break up, the other party (pop tart) is usually much better and tries harder to please you. I see this as a win/win. You go girl - playing ice cream against pop tart.

Seriously, nice message - probably the most important thing to learn - self control. :drinker:

I was made to clean my plate when I was growing up, and it carried over into my adult life. Literally, I had to sit at the table and finish what was on my plate, or I got it for breakfast, lunch and dinner the next day until it was gone. It took a long time to realize why I had this need to eat EVERYTHING, and I had to change that. It's still a work in progress, but I have a pretty good handle on it now. My son bought mint Oreos. They were in the house for at least 2 weeks, and in that time I only ate one cookie, where I would've eaten an entire sleeve. That's progress!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Awww sad. But I've mostly cut poptarts for the same reason. :heart:

I had these for so long that they were actually expired! They last a lot longer when you only eat one, as does ice cream when your serving size is no longer "whatever will fit in the bowl".
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I wrote a letter similar like this to liver, beets, and parsnips and have never looked back
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I wrote a letter similar like this to liver, beets, and parsnips and have never looked back

I would've been happy to co-sign that one. :bigsmile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

This.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

This.

I'd make you guys one, but I ate the last Pop Tart this morning.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    PopTartCat_zps1b476563.gif
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts are pretty awesome. They don't freezing when camping in the winter.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Right. Me too. :sad:
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I was wondering why there was a Pop-Tart on my front porch with suitcases full of gelato. Hope you don't mind, but he's shacking up at my place for awhile.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ This. :tongue:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    PopTartCat_zps1b476563.gif

Awwwww!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I was wondering why there was a Pop-Tart on my front porch with suitcases full of gelato. Hope you don't mind, but he's shacking up at my place for awhile.

Please take good care of him. He was a friend to me.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    When I broke up with mine in February it totally over reacted punched me in the eye and locked itself in the closet.

That's actually a pretty funny visual. :laugh:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    Pop tarts are pretty awesome. They don't freezing when camping in the winter.

They're handy little suckers, aren't they? :smile: