Insanity calorie question

Options
Sorry if this might sound stupid but i just started insanity (this is my third day). I'm looking to lose fat and gain miscle but not lose weight! So my question is: should i choose lose weight or mantain when i'm calculating how many calories i have to eat?

Replies

• Lobnakhaled
    Lobnakhaled Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh and i don't want to lose weight cause i'm one kg from being underweight!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    well you said you didn't want to lose weight so i guess maintenance would be your answer.

i know the insanity nutrition guide talks about how much to eat to lose weight, and how much to eat to gain weight, idk if it talks about how much to eat to maintain.

but i think the calculation spits out how much calories you need to eat (excercise already factored in) and then you subtract from that to lose. if you just ate the figure that the calculation arrives at, that should be maintenance.

when i was strict i just eat the number of calories outlined in the guide and did not log exercise. worked very well for me.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    if you really are excited about insanity go for it, but i would like to point out that its probably not the best program for your goals.