Donner Kebab.... :(

Options
How many calories are in 1 medium donner kebab, Half of the pitta bread and 2 pieces of garlic bread (deep pan), I put 1,400??

Replies

• Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Options
    Donner Kabob? is that something the Donner party ate?? LOL Sorry, i live near Tahoe and Donner pass..had to.

Seriously though, i think the garlic bread really ups those calories so i would say you might be spot on. Might want to ditch the garlic bread.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you spell it with one N there are several entries in the database (doner kebab) - of course who knows what is accurate! But it might give you a starting point.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Do we perhaps mean Donair?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    All the numbers I've seen converge to 600 for regular Döner and 1000-1200 for Mega Döner (depending on how the shop makes it).
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Donner kabob...tastes like Soylent green...
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    All the numbers I've seen converge to 600 for regular Döner and 1000-1200 for Mega Döner (depending on how the shop makes it).

Mmmmmm :love: I hope the OP got the Mega one. There is so much in one of those bad boys that will put you over every nutritional limit out there, but holy cow, I miss them.

Eat up, OP. Overestimate in your diary and I hope you enjoyed EVERY bite!

~Curly

P.S. I would have had to add in a couple of .5 l Hefeweizens to wash it down... :drinker:
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    donair, doner, kebab (beef). Same with Shawarma, shawarma beef, etc. Heck, make your own. Spit roasted beef + pita + garlic sauce.

Multiple entries. Caveat emptor.

I love these things. As an expat Mexican, that's the most convenient thing I can get that will satisfy cravings for tacos.
  • Blackhawk19D
    Blackhawk19D Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have NO idea how many calories are in there, but I do know where to get a KILLER Donner in Buedingen Germany. makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Wash it down with a couple of Hefe's and I am in heaven. Of course that meal would meet my caloric intake for 3 days, but man right about now it would be worth it!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Donner Kabob? is that something the Donner party ate?? LOL Sorry, i live near Tahoe and Donner pass..had to.

Seriously though, i think the garlic bread really ups those calories so i would say you might be spot on. Might want to ditch the garlic bread.
    I was thinking Donner party too! :sick: :drinker: