Protein powders

Options
Hey folks!
I'm looking for some delicious tasting protein powders to use. I hate that chalky after taste. Does anyone know if there is a coffee flavored one, to use with my morning coffee? Also I heard of a protein fluff awhile back, but I can't find it anywhere. Any great powders or recipes you would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've used vanilla or chocolate in my coffee. Designer Whey and GNC Lean 25 seem to have the most variety of flavors I've found.
  • Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using BSN Syntha 6 Moccachino and I really like the flavor of it. It does have a bit more sodium than I'd prefer, so this keeps me for having it everyday for breakfast.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I haven't had it with coffee, but I really like GNC Lean 25 Peanut Butter Chocolate flavor. It really doesn't taste peanut buttery at all - more like milk chocolate. When I mix it up in almond milk with my immersion blender it tastes like a Frosty :)
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I've tried the About Time powder recently and thought it was pretty good. 100 cal per scoop. I've had strawberry and banana but have heard that all flavors are good. I just throw in a container of yogurt & some frozen fruit with it.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just got GNC Lean Shake 25 in rich chocolate and really like it. I made it with skim milk and it was so creamy.
  • Dregg
    Dregg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I like muscle milk chocolate (natural) and just add ice and water, sometimes I'll add PB2. I love it.
  • babsabs2011
    babsabs2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tera's Whey has a coffee flavor. I haven't tried that one but the bourbon vanilla is great
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Stick with Whey vs Casein if you don't want the chalky taste...but trust me, it's an acquired taste, if you keep drinking it, you will almost grow to like it...almost. :wink:

I use strawberry whey for my coffee, and yes, I DO put in a small amount of Casein (Choc) in my coffee as well.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    They make a coffee flavor, but I used to mix vanilla with coffee and milk.
  • ccarr24
    ccarr24 Posts: 3
    Options
    Just make whatever flavor you find edible into a cold smoothie. I usually just make one, throw it in the freezer and in 30 minutes... walah... "almost a smoothie". Or a real one with fruit works too
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I like mixing the Trutein Cinnabun one with Cold Coffee and Matcha Green tea powder instead of milk and that is really really good. Otherwise I know its not necessarily a coffee flavor but I like the Dymatize Elite XT Choc Fudge one mixed with Matcha Green Tea Powder,Seedless Cherries, and Lactose Free Milk.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I drink Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard - Extreme Milk Chocolate. It tastes really good mixed with water and I bet it would be great with coffee.
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone. I will check put each of your suggestions. My dad found mocha coffee protein by Big Train at Winn Dixie, I mixed the powder with a cup of coffee and ice it was delicious.
  • Mommy2two_2
    Mommy2two_2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Vanilla, body fortress. Tastes like birthday cake!!! Yum!! And pretty cheap!
  • Mowntandewey
    Options
    Check out Bodylogix. They make Whey protein powders from grass fed cows that are GMO and antibiotic free. I use their Vanilla flavored one with some 2% milk and it's delicious!

http://www.bodylogix.com/ca/bodylogix_natural-protein-concentrate.aspx