NSV: Test results!

Options
ashleyisgreat
ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
Good news time.

Found out I have really high cholesterol in January. High bad cholesterol, low good cholesterol, and outrageous triglycerides. Also have borderline high blood pressure and high insulin numbers (although my blood glucose is okay). Anyway, I went in for my followup visit, which would determine whether or not the doc would put me on meds. It was good news.

Since January 20, I have:

Lost 9 lbs.
Lowered my insulin from 16.7 to 11.6 (now normal).
Lowered my total cholesterol by 32 points.
Lowered my bad cholesterol by 12 points.
Lowered my triglycerides by 96 points (!!!).
Maintained my good cholesterol number.
And brought my blood pressure into normal range.

Yay me.

There's still work to be done with the cholesterol numbers, but my doctor was super impressed. She shouted out "You're a good patient!" and it kind of made my day. :)

Replies

• smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news, I am hoping to have the same result when i got back for my follow-up in June. My recent test in January, showed i was borderline diabetic, very low vitamin D and high cholesterol. Doctor said if numbers don't come down i will need meds. Not trying to take any more medicine.
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options
    Thank is wonderful news, I am hoping to have the same result when i got back for my follow-up in June. My recent test in January, showed i was borderline diabetic, very low vitamin D and high cholesterol. Doctor said if numbers don't come down i will need meds. Not trying to take any more medicine.

You can do it! I didn't want to take meds either, so I really tried to make some changes. Started walking more, and that has been the biggest change.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That is a great accomplishment. Health is so important. No meds is great!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!!

where's the "like" button on this thing? ;)
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Way To Go!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Totally awesome! Way to go!
  • kayms13
    kayms13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm in the same boat as you are--dr. wanted to put me on cholesterol meds, but gave me 6 months to improve the numbers on my own. Hope I have the same good results that you did!
  • Lannister80
    Lannister80 Posts: 50
    Options
    GREAT job!! There's nothing like the satisfaction of a clean cholesterol reading. Congratulations, and way to do it!!
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Nice feeling! Keep it up!
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Good health in invaluable.
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options
    Thanks, guys! There's definitely more to do, but I am feeling more confident than ever that I can do this without ever taking meds!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!