Because I'm Curious...How "fat" am I?

Options

Replies

• satelliteoflove
    Options
    I realize this is absolutely off-topic, but I just need to give my two cents. Because I don't care if you're older than me, if you have the inclination to ask this question, you're just trapped in the same place I've been for too long. The hours of my life I've wasted pondering the thoughts that other people have about me, those stretches of time I've spent cooped up, alone, crying, too afraid to face the world. To face people who might not like the way I look. I didn't want to disappoint anyone.

The only place my weight ever leaves my mind is when I'm sleeping. Otherwise, it's never far. Is it good? Bad? Too much? Higher than that girl's? Lower? Was that remark that guy made about mopeds yesterday in reference to it? Am I secretly obese, and everyone is trying to politely hint at it?

Escape. Escape. Escape. Take down this picture. What on Earth could be wrong with you being happy with yourself? Why are you inviting strangers to have this sort of power over you? To set you straight? You took time out of your day to do this. Time you could have spent learning about the world, or writing an email to a friend you haven't seen in a long time, just to see how they're doing. Instead of worrying about what matters, you're stuck in your own head, with your own insecurities.

There is violence and injustice plaguing this world, taking innocent people to their graves and you're wondering how "fat" you are. Why not take just a moment of your time to instead wonder how "lucky" you are to possess this privilege to be so bored to have such a concern?

This is not just directed at you specifically, but I'm just using it as a term to address anyone reading this who is similarly consumed by these concerns. I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings, or it seems as if I'm belittling you. I know nothing about you, nothing at all. But I do know that you're so, so lucky to be able to see how beautiful you are. I wish I had this confidence - if I did before, perhaps it wouldn't have to come barreling out of me like it is now, now that I'm not plagued by that monster of an eating disorder as I used to be. You'll have to forgive me for my rant. But cherish the positive feelings about yourself, please.

You're not fat.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks everyone!

I am medically overweight and not at a healthy BMI, so that's what I'm trying to change. Your responses are very...interesting????

I'll be posting my actual weight shortly!

I feel like I'm gonna be the closest so far. Oddly pleased with myself.
  • MeganML84
    MeganML84 Posts: 10
    Options
    150 but you look very good.
    mybodygallery.com

You can put in your height weight shape, etc and see what other women with
    those same numbers look like.
    I found that I must not look as bad as I think I do.

Thanks!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    The question isn't how much do you weigh, but how "fat" are you? You are a bit bigger boned (you look a similar body type to mine). You have a little tummy, but you could change your body comp by adding protein and doing some strength training. You'll still probably always be a curvy type, but that's not a bad thing.
  • ccf_trainer
    ccf_trainer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I always think I am not as heavy as I really am (denial?) so I'd like to get unbiased opinions. People always say I carry my weight well or im big-boned, or whatever. Based on the picture below, how much would you guess I weigh? I've recently lost about 20 lbs, but I still have more to lose, and I'd just like to get some ideas of how my weight is perceived by others. (Don't worry, I won't get offended and cry????)

By the way, I'm 5'5".

imagejpg2.jpg

It's really hard to judge. My best guess would be between 135-145. The real question is do you know how much your body fat percentage is? You don't really look like you need to lose too much of anything, but if you do decide to lose more, then that's cool. Make sure you don't go anywhere past 106 if you're losing. That wouldn't be healthy. I'd say if you could stop anywhere, it would be the 125 mark. It is the perfect weight for your frame. Then the next order of business, or what you should really be doing right now anyway, is just focusing on shedding off the body fat. Eating right, strength training and cardio, and plenty of rest will help you. Adding muscle mass (not bulking...not the same thing) and trimming the body fat is going to make a difference in how your figure is. If you are following your nutrition plan, and training regularly, and if your weight still isn't going down, check to see how many inches you've lost. If your weight remains the same, and you're losing inches, you are building muscle and losing fat. Remember, muscle is heavier.
  • britkneemeyer
    britkneemeyer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    you look pretty small framed to me so im gonna say 155-165
    you aren't fat at all. you are nicely proportioned. good job on the weight loss and don't overthink it. You look beautiful and have every right to be self confident so theres no need to feel like you are in "denial" as if you are supposed to feel worse about yourself than you do. Keep your health journey up, continue practicing healthy habits and love your body every minute of it :)))
  • Lalo_Nyc
    Lalo_Nyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd say you are about 122. It's a long journey and you gotta love yourself at every weight. Having said if you are motivated to lose more, I am right there with you offering support.
  • Rowood101
    Rowood101 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    150 ? You look really great, even if you're "overweight".
  • GallifreyanGirl396
    GallifreyanGirl396 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm also gonna guess about 150. You're not "fat", as others have said. I would love to look like that! haha
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You can't be that far into the overweight category based on the photo.

OP, just keep doing what you're doing, get into some strength training, and don't worry about the number on the scale. You are a beautiful lady.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    You should buy a digital scale and weigh all your foo...

...wait...

...that's not it.

Ah, sorry...

...wrong thread.

You should buy a scale and weigh yourself.

Anyhow, I'd guess about 161.
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My guess is 140 (which probably isn't in the overweight BMI category for 5'5 but that would be my guess if I had only your height).
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Your current look is what my goal is just for your encouragement x

My guess is 140?
  • GKat04
    GKat04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'd say in the 150-160 range, just because I'm 5'5" and 170 and look bigger than you, but have been told I "carry my weight well"
  • JB_BlueEyes
    JB_BlueEyes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're a cute 127ish
  • merisaOct3
    merisaOct3 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Why are you inviting strangers to have this sort of power over you? To set you straight? You took time out of your day to do this. Time you could have spent learning about the world, or writing an email to a friend you haven't seen in a long time, just to see how they're doing. Instead of worrying about what matters, you're stuck in your own head, with your own insecurities.

This. It is worth repeating: Why are you inviting strangers to have this sort of power over you?

Or you're just indignant about the BMI chart?....
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    You look really good and I honestly wouldn't know what to guess. But you've already told us you are technically "overweight," so now I'm basically just here for the big reveal.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'd say 150-155
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You look really good and I honestly wouldn't know what to guess. But you've already told us you are technically "overweight," so now I'm basically just here for the big reveal.

Right? I just want to know! And, you know, be told I was the closest pre the 'overweight by BMI' hint.
  • MeganML84
    MeganML84 Posts: 10
    Options
    I realize this is absolutely off-topic, but I just need to give my two cents. Because I don't care if you're older than me, if you have the inclination to ask this question, you're just trapped in the same place I've been for too long. The hours of my life I've wasted pondering the thoughts that other people have about me, those stretches of time I've spent cooped up, alone, crying, too afraid to face the world. To face people who might not like the way I look. I didn't want to disappoint anyone.

The only place my weight ever leaves my mind is when I'm sleeping. Otherwise, it's never far. Is it good? Bad? Too much? Higher than that girl's? Lower? Was that remark that guy made about mopeds yesterday in reference to it? Am I secretly obese, and everyone is trying to politely hint at it?

Escape. Escape. Escape. Take down this picture. What on Earth could be wrong with you being happy with yourself? Why are you inviting strangers to have this sort of power over you? To set you straight? You took time out of your day to do this. Time you could have spent learning about the world, or writing an email to a friend you haven't seen in a long time, just to see how they're doing. Instead of worrying about what matters, you're stuck in your own head, with your own insecurities.

There is violence and injustice plaguing this world, taking innocent people to their graves and you're wondering how "fat" you are. Why not take just a moment of your time to instead wonder how "lucky" you are to possess this privilege to be so bored to have such a concern?

This is not just directed at you specifically, but I'm just using it as a term to address anyone reading this who is similarly consumed by these concerns. I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings, or it seems as if I'm belittling you. I know nothing about you, nothing at all. But I do know that you're so, so lucky to be able to see how beautiful you are. I wish I had this confidence - if I did before, perhaps it wouldn't have to come barreling out of me like it is now, now that I'm not plagued by that monster of an eating disorder as I used to be. You'll have to forgive me for my rant. But cherish the positive feelings about yourself, please.

You're not fat.

Thanks for posting this, and I completely agree with you that it is entirely too shallow and vain when compared to more important things I could be doing.

My point is posting this was not because I *think* I'm fat, or because I'm trying to show off my weight loss or even to get attention. I wanted to post it because I once had an eating disorder too. I hated my body, and I did whatever I could to change it. I recovered and life happened. I had two small children, gained a lot of weight (to me) and realized how very precious life is. I got tired of being tired all the time. So now I'm trying to change that. I wanted to post this to stave off some of those demons I always feel just below the surface. I did it to remind myself that my perception of my body is not always correct.

In this picture, I am 161lbs. Thank you everyone for your answers, it really is helpful to me.