Because I'm Curious...How "fat" am I?

Options

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I realize this is absolutely off-topic, but I just need to give my two cents. Because I don't care if you're older than me, if you have the inclination to ask this question, you're just trapped in the same place I've been for too long. The hours of my life I've wasted pondering the thoughts that other people have about me, those stretches of time I've spent cooped up, alone, crying, too afraid to face the world. To face people who might not like the way I look. I didn't want to disappoint anyone.

The only place my weight ever leaves my mind is when I'm sleeping. Otherwise, it's never far. Is it good? Bad? Too much? Higher than that girl's? Lower? Was that remark that guy made about mopeds yesterday in reference to it? Am I secretly obese, and everyone is trying to politely hint at it?

Escape. Escape. Escape. Take down this picture. What on Earth could be wrong with you being happy with yourself? Why are you inviting strangers to have this sort of power over you? To set you straight? You took time out of your day to do this. Time you could have spent learning about the world, or writing an email to a friend you haven't seen in a long time, just to see how they're doing. Instead of worrying about what matters, you're stuck in your own head, with your own insecurities.

There is violence and injustice plaguing this world, taking innocent people to their graves and you're wondering how "fat" you are. Why not take just a moment of your time to instead wonder how "lucky" you are to possess this privilege to be so bored to have such a concern?

This is not just directed at you specifically, but I'm just using it as a term to address anyone reading this who is similarly consumed by these concerns. I'm so sorry if I hurt your feelings, or it seems as if I'm belittling you. I know nothing about you, nothing at all. But I do know that you're so, so lucky to be able to see how beautiful you are. I wish I had this confidence - if I did before, perhaps it wouldn't have to come barreling out of me like it is now, now that I'm not plagued by that monster of an eating disorder as I used to be. You'll have to forgive me for my rant. But cherish the positive feelings about yourself, please.

You're not fat.

Now I think I'm going to revise my opinion because I took an hour out of my own day yesterday figuring out how to post a profile picture of myself! And it was 70 out, so it was time I could have spent taking a walk outside or reading a good book in a lounge chair. So, I guess I have to agree with what the above poster said so articulately. And I'm old enough to know better.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

In this picture, I am 161lbs. Thank you everyone for your answers, it really is helpful to me.

Yay! Who wins the jar of jellybeans?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'd guess....about 161.
  • gallen2O
    gallen2O Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i think you're about 135-140ish
    and now i actually want to know what you do really weigh because im in the exact same boat as you..
    people say my weight is proportioned well or whatever...but that i dont look like i weigh as much as i do.

and according to my BMI, Im obese :/ ha

edit, guess i skipped the post where you revealed...oops! yep, you definetly don't "look" it, but that site that was posted that has the girls where you can search body types...its the perfect example of different things to take into account. we all have different body types and you're beautiful just the way you are
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If you were my height (5'7") I'd say you look about 150. Since you're shorter, I'm guessing you weigh less than 150. You don't look thin, but you don't look overweight to me, either. :flowerforyou:
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm terribly at judging women's weight, but I'd say you look pretty great. Not "fat" just a bit plump, perhaps. Which, depending on who you ask, isn't actually a bad thing.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

In this picture, I am 161lbs. Thank you everyone for your answers, it really is helpful to me.

Yay! Who wins the jar of jellybeans?

I do! I said 155 before the 'hint'! Where is my prize?

But seriously OP, you look lovely. Do not take my joy over being closest as rudeness, I just love being right.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    SHE'S 161, YOU CAN ALL STOP GUESSING, NOW.

No more to see here, folks. Move it along. Go home to your families. Good night, everybody, you've been a wonderful audience!
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    i Win :)
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I never would have said 161 pounds. Well you didnt ask what do we think you weigh but how fat you look. I would break someone's legs to look like you!! When I went up to 132 I broke down and cried. Imagine how I felt when I reached 195! So back to breaking some legs, yea - I'd break!
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    replying to satellite of love.

:smile:

Glad you are doing better and you have a point. For many people, weight, diets, what to eat, good food/bad food, did I exercise enough can become ways to distract from feelings and emotions. Keep doing your work.

To the lady who posted and wanted to know how "fat" you were....you look beautiful.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,598 Member
    Options
    144.2 lbs

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mbennett024
    mbennett024 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You've got a nice figure. You aren't skinny but why would you want to be? When I weighed 175 my husband flat out refused to believe me and said there was no way I weighed that much. People all carry weight differently depending on your frame. I was/am pretty pudgy though, not lean like you! :)
  • Jenny8511
    Jenny8511 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I"m not good at guessing weight, but I will say that you look great and you look healthy. I wouldn't use "big boned" to describe you!
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    SHE'S 161, YOU CAN ALL STOP GUESSING, NOW.

No more to see here, folks. Move it along. Go home to your families. Good night, everybody, you've been a wonderful audience!

Omg. ..laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants....
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Shut up! This makes me feel so much better. Thank you for posting this. I've been having a bad "I feel fat" day and this post lifted my spirits. I weigh 165 and am 3 inches taller than you. BTW, You look awesome in this picture.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You look like you have only about 10-20 pounds to lose and would probably see that gone in a few months with a small calorie deficit and a balance of cardio and weight lifting.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You should buy a digital scale and weigh all your foo...

...wait...

...that's not it.

Ah, sorry...

...wrong thread.

You should buy a scale and weigh yourself.

Anyhow, I'd guess about 161.

Very slick to edit this after she posted her weight. :drinker:
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My complete random guess would be 51.247 pies.
  • Wandering_1
    Wandering_1 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what your weight is you look wonderful. You are doing the right thing by getting healthy so keep doing what you are doing.