Night-time snack

Options
LeonaWFU98
LeonaWFU98 Posts: 28 Member
I know that many people don't like to eat a snack before bed, but there are definitely nights when I am a little hungry between dinner and going to sleep.

Just looking for some new ideas here - what is your favorite snack? I usually have between 150-300 calories to play with at that point.

Thanks!!

Replies

• mickey9694
    mickey9694 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I usually get 2 or 3 tablespoons of extra crunchy peanut butter in me. Keeps me full all night and is a great healthy source of fat and protein.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I tried keeping a night snack but the eating monster overtook and I always end up over doing it. I now keep with drinking treats - I have a cup of low sweetened juice and my nummy hot cocoa. I keep those two drinks for the evening ONLY and dont have it throughout the day to save for night time as I'm getting ready for bed/ reading/ etc.
  • supergood2bme
    Options
    I drink sugar free hot cocoa with fat free milk, for my night time treat. It really does help to take that munchy feeling away. I also like sugar free chocolate pudding cups and sugar free popsicles especially now that it's getting warm out. You just have to try different things and see what satisfies that hunger. Best of luck to you..
  • Mommy2two_2
    Mommy2two_2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a snack every night! It's my treat! I love love love it!

Tonight is an ice cream sandwhich!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I have a snack almost every night, usually cookies, brownie, ice cream... sometimes a combination depending on the rest of my day, but almost every night.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I make pudding out of Jello instant sugar free fat free pudding, Cool Whip free, and almond milk. I'm experimenting with adding PB2 or protein powders to up the nutritional value, but as is, it's less than 50 calories for a huge serving, about 30 calories for a normal sized serving.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Brownie. I make one serving
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit. Sometimes add protein powder and/or peanut butter or pb2. Or some granola. Keeps me filled up through the night :)
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Often my snack is 1-2 servings (~160 calories ea) of nuts or trail mix depending on what I feel like and what macros I need to hit. I figure out how many calories I have left, what macro I want to focus on and then choose from a selection of nuts and trail mixes I have in the house.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, or cheese, or a glass of chocolate milk. I also sometimes have a cup of tea and one of those Keebler 100 calorie packs of cookies. MMM, time for my snack right now!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I enjoy evening snacks too.

My favorites are:
    2 tbsp. humus and 10 baby carrots
    1/4 cup quick oats/natural oats with 3 oz unsweetened organic almond milk, a dash of cinnamon and about 10 raisins. I make it watery and add water to the top. Heat in the microwave or a pan but allow to sit for 5+ mins.
    homemade fruit salad (no sugar, add a little water for "juice") make an hr or so ahead for better flavors
    4 oz plain whole milk yogurt with your favorite fruit, sometimes I sprinkle chopped raw almonds on it
    homemade veggie soup - 1 cup
    a smoothie
    hot tea 4 crackers with 2 tsps. peanut or almond butter

:flowerforyou:
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Unroasted, unsalted nuts and seeds are said to be a good night-time snack, because the amino acids and fatty acids in them help your body produce sleep hormones, increasing the quality of your sleep. At the same time they don't spike your blood sugar.

Informative Video by Brendan Brazier:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzBO8FgIUeM

:)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Corn thins are my go to, I have them with Vegemite and Laughing Cow cheese, or with pumpkin harissa dip.
  • ReallyBigJAWS
    Options
    I've recently been getting into making my own jello parfait,
    I make the sugar-free jello (I use raspberry) and scoop around a full cup, but it's only 10 cals per 1/4 a cup, and add a bit of light whipped cream. It comes out to under 100 calories, depending, and it's pretty filling.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I like one cup plain Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp PB2, one packet stevia. If my cals allow then a tbsp dark chocolate chips get thrown in the mix.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    2/3 Casein 1/3 Whey Protein Shake...amazing how filled up one's stomach feels after drinking it...most "full" I've felt all day.
  • misdreagus
    misdreagus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I normally have a small soy yogurt or a handful of dried goji berries but I tend to just try to fill up on water instead and keep myself busy.
  • LeonaWFU98
    LeonaWFU98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Some really great ideas in there that I definitely hadn't thought of :) Just what I needed!

Thanks!!!