The best low-fat Ranch dressing?

Options
Does anyone know of a yummy, low-fat ranch dressing I could try? I've tried the Kraft kind and I am not a big fan. I'm very picky about ranch so that's why I'm looking for some help!

Thanks

Replies

• Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Please don't quote me on it ,but I have heard that mixing plain greek yogurt with a ranch seasoning packet is pretty good. You could probably find recipies online.

Decent calories, good for salads/chips/potatoes, and good protein!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Please don't quote me on it ,but I have heard that mixing plain greek yogurt with a ranch seasoning packet is pretty good. You could probably find recipies online.

I make ranch with greek yogurt and skim milk and a packet of hidden valley ranch. Tastes yummy, a bit thinner but for 20 calories a serving and 0 fat, I'm ok with it lol.
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options

I make ranch with greek yogurt and skim milk and a packet of hidden valley ranch. Tastes yummy, a bit thinner but for 20 calories a serving and 0 fat, I'm ok with it lol.

How much skim milk do you use?
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I like wishbone :)
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I like the Kraft Three Cheese Lite dressing.
  • Healthyby30
    Options

How much skim milk do you use?

I believe its 1 cup of each. The back of the packet will tell you, I just go with that! Could probably cut down if you don't like it as thin, but its fine and I find that the 2 tbsp goes a bit further that way too.
  • amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Options
    Ok, and where can I find this Greek yogurt? At any local store in the yogurt section haha? I'm not a big fan of yogurt but I'll try it!
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    great value(walmart brand) lite ranch is sooooo good 70 calories for 2 tblsps but its worth it
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hidden Valley light for me!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I like Hidden Valley
  • Healthyby30
    Options
    Ok, and where can I find this Greek yogurt? At any local store in the yogurt section haha? I'm not a big fan of yogurt but I'll try it!

I personally hate yogurt, but you can't taste it b/c of the ranch flavors. You should be able to find it at any grocery store. Just make sure you get plain.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

I personally hate yogurt, but you can't taste it b/c of the ranch flavors. You should be able to find it at any grocery store. Just make sure you get plain.

I still haven't been able to find any GreeK Yogurt and I've been looking for the past few months. Any fellow Canadian's/Ontario'ins find it? If it’s not the Fage and Chiobani (sp?) brand everyone on MFP speaks of, let me know what you found. I’ve looked in Loblaws, Walmart and No Frills.

Ps: President's Choice Blue Menu Ranch Dressing is the best if you must have a creamy one. I usually use Great Value low-fat Italian. Only downside is the sodium, like 480mg or so.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Mix 1 1/2 c. Of fat free plain yogurt with a ranch packet. It's Sooo good and a bit thinner than Greek yogurt so u don't need milk
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I like to use the dry ranch packet with reduced fat sour cream:)