Am I missing anything obvious

I'm fairly new to keeping track of nutrients and calories and eating healthy. I'm focusing on very low carbs and have been eating mostly tuna and avocado with mayonnaise. Also drinking as much water as I can manage. What I have in the couple days I have now recorded on my account is mostly all I've had for almost 2 weeks now and take a multivitamin almost every day.

Is there anything wrong with this diet? Either too much of anything or not enough of something? Any suggestions for what I could add or modify to try tweaking it?

My overall goal is a little bit of weight loss and increase in body strength, but most of all feeling good and healthy and strong. It's definitely a very drastic and sudden change from my typical diet.

Replies

• rissavanwey
    rissavanwey Posts: 29
    You need to eat a variety of fruits and veggies....taking a multivitamin isn't enough. Also, are you getting enough calcium and vitamin D?

Also (at least in my experience) you can't just eat one thing or you'll get burned out!

Good luck :)
    Rissa
  • funkybutt
    funkybutt Posts: 2
    I think I might be low on both of those. Can you think of any low carb options to get more calcium and vitamin D?
  • Chubbzee
    Chubbzee Posts: 1
    Do you actually know how many calories you should be consuming? I will admit counting calories is a pain however you do not have to do it forever. People think they can guess pretty well but if you've never done it before you need to be strict and faithful especially at first. I need a refresher every so often. Meaning, I have to meticulously count calories for a while & find that my guessing had gone astray. Then I can estimate pretty well for a while.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Google will be your new best friend. you can look up high protein low carb stuff recipes there is all kinds of stuff out there to eat. Don't be scared of good fats. eat a good amount of protein ( tuna is good , but switch it up a bit so you don't get burnt out on it. ) add in vegetables and some fruit. Stick to water and tea instead of diet sodas or fruit drinks( just my personal opinion. I would rather put my calories towards my food than my drinks. I was actually surprised how much calories I would consume in a day just from what I was drinking) I drink almond milk (which I think is better than milk) maybe try that out. protein shakes? almonds? Greek yogurt? Chicken? Sounds weird but you can take tums which is high in calcium and it coats the stomach lol . If your low on Vitamin D go soak up the sun go outside more. I use to be low on that, but once I started to go out more it made me feel sooo much better.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    More variety.

There's nothing wrong with tuna, avocado and mayo... but everyday..... yeah, no. You need to watch for mercury from all of that tuna as well. Having too much could be no bueno.

There are plenty of lean meats you can sub in. Chicken breast, pork, turkey....
    Definitely incorporate variety. Your body and taste buds will thank you for it.

Also, fruits and veggies. They're yummy. Eat them.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    low carb: not needed for weight loss, if it what you want to do, fine but focus first on tracking and meeting calorie goals

mayo, avocado and tuna diet. You have two days of basically eating this in your diary. Why? Variety is a good thing. Track, met your macros, eat a little of everything.

See this:http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants