HRM and Clubbing

Options
I searched the forums, but couldn't find a post that quite fit my question...

I'm planning on going out tomorrow night to celebrate my graduation from college (yay!) but my busy day means that I won't be able to do my normal exercise routine. I was wondering, is it useful to wear a HRM while clubbing (dancing?). When I go out, I usually go to an 80s bar where I dance basically non-stop for two hours. Before, I've just counted my steps with my fitbit, but now I wonder if a HRM might actually be a more accurate representation of calorie burn.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I realize that a chest strap might not be the comfiest thing to wear under my super chic clubbing outfit, but I'm willing to sacrifice sexiness in the name of health!

Thanks!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Is it the type of club where you can get away with wearing *only* the chest strap? If not, this is a silly plan. Forget the hrm and go enjoy yourself. You earned it.
  • moondazed
    moondazed Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend it. You should take a night off from calorie counting and just enjoy the night and have fun! :)

If it is stressing out, just try to remember that you will be dancing a lot and that will be burning lots of calories. Probably just as much as your daily workout!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    LOL I would never do this.

I do however log dancing on the exercise tab but input less than I think I did.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    This is totally you later tonight!

BdENR.gif

Leave the HRM @ home, log 2 hours of dancing .....unless like DavPul said .... thats all you wear as a top.
  • TheThriftstorian
    TheThriftstorian Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is totally you later tonight!

BdENR.gif

Leave the HRM @ home, log 2 hours of dancing .....unless like DavPul said .... thats all you wear as a top.

Man, you don't even KNOW ;)