A Year In Jeans

Options
darkrose20
darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
I wanted to post a NSV. I'm a year in, and I'm sick and tired of counting calories, still struggling with even getting motivated to exercise, feeling like I'm depriving myself of fun (and by fun I mean drinks with my peeps and food being the center of gatherings with said peeps), still seeing the fat girl I am and so on.

OK, so that doesn't sound like a NSV, that sounds like whining.

Here's the NSV. I started this year a size 18. My 18s are falling off, my 16s are a bit big. My 14s either fit or are still a bit tight (depending on the cut). I bought a new pair of jeans in a size 14 Tuesday. I wore them today. They are a bit loose. Not to the point that I would say they are falling off, but I could probably use a belt.

Here's the BIG NSV. My boyfriend said he liked how my butt looks in these jeans (the ones that are a touch too big and 4 sizes smaller than what I was wearing this time last year). Woot! Woot!

Replies

• rachaelgoslan
    Options
    Well done, isn't that all the motivation you need :) I know calorie counting can be a pain sometimes but when I see photo's of myself looking lighter than I was and positive comments I get from my friends that keeps me going :)
  • puffinbrae
    puffinbrae Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Whatever you're doing it's working! Jeanius!! :tongue:
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Sounds like enough motivation to keep you going at least another 6 months! Great job! Also, if you don't do it already, something that makes counting calories a little less tedious is having a go to meal or two for one or two meals a day plus a few snacks that you use most of the time. I eat the same breakfast almost every morning. I rarely have to enter new foods for lunch or snacks too, even if I have to go back a couple pages in my "favorites" for that meal in my food log. Just clicking things is always easier than having to search through the database.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic!!!!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    boys boys boys!!
    job well done dear!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Excellent progress :) Buying new clothes all the time is annoying but still satisfying, haha! Keep it up!
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Great job! I can't wait to fit into smaller jeans. Apparently I was squeezing into my size 16 jeans before MFP because after losing 25 lbs they now fit just a little loose and are comfy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!