Same Weight, Different Body

Options
One year ago, May 8, 2013, I weighed 113 pounds and had a body fat percentage of 25%.
And today, May 8, 2014, I am back to 113 pounds but my body fat percentage is now 15%.

It's so unbelievable how our bodies and minds work. I would have never thought that I would look entirely different at 113 pounds now than I did at 113 pounds last year, or that I would look practically the same at 113 pounds now than I did at 100 pounds a few months ago. This just proves that the number on the scale does not determine your size and should not determine your happiness. Although I am still struggling with my eating disorder and the body image issues that come with it, I feel like I have come so far in my journey over the past year by making tiny revelations such as this each and every day. I still want to weigh a bit less and tone a bit more, but I hope to accomplish this through healthy eating and exercise.

If you would like to see pictures of my weightloss journey, you can find them on my profile. If this post has inspired you, please message me or add me as a friend on myfitnesspal so that we can continue to celebrate our small successes :)

Replies

• kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi! You look great! I hope to have as much success as you.

I am currently between 112-115 pounds but I think my body fat percentage is still kind of high. I was wondering what you did to lose your body fat percentage. I am trying to lose a couple more pounds, but I know even if I do I'm not going to lose all the fat that I want to and I know that after I lose those couple of pounds I cant go lower cause I know that would be unhealthy. Any feedback would be awesome. =)
  • leahsrecovery
    Options
    Hi! You look great! I hope to have as much success as you.

I am currently between 112-115 pounds but I think my body fat percentage is still kind of high. I was wondering what you did to lose your body fat percentage. I am trying to lose a couple more pounds, but I know even if I do I'm not going to lose all the fat that I want to and I know that after I lose those couple of pounds I cant go lower cause I know that would be unhealthy. Any feedback would be awesome. =)
    Hi, thanks so much! To lower my body fat percentage, I cut out many "bad" fats from my diet and replaced them with healthy fats found in foods such as almonds. I also ate mostly "clean" foods with lots of protein from foods such as chicken and healthy carbs from foods such as broccoli. Just try to eat foods that you enjoy but are still healthy for the most part :) I also exercised daily doing cardio such as dancing, walking, and biking to name a few. Strength training is very important in lowering body fat and I myself would like to start doing more of it! I hope this helped
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm actually already doing all of that. I'm eating pretty clean and exercising and adding in strength training. I guess I just need to be more patient and keep doing what im doing to see the results. I'm eating 1200 calories, but im netting under that daily because of the exercise. I guess its not good to net under that so im trying to take other peoples advice of eating back the exercise calories till I hit at least 1200 in net calories, but im finding it hard because eating more kind of scares me. I feel like I'm going to gain instead of lose or get leaner which I'm aiming for. if you don't mind me asking how tall are you and what are your measurements?
  • errorist
    errorist Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well done. It's great that you're building your body back up - I see that you got down to a very low weight, and it must have taken a lot of work to build yourself up, putting on weight, and not putting on fat. You must look great! Couldn't you update your profile picture now so that you show your progress? The picture you have is of you at your unhealthiest, isn't it?
  • leahsrecovery
    Options
    Well done. It's great that you're building your body back up - I see that you got down to a very low weight, and it must have taken a lot of work to build yourself up, putting on weight, and not putting on fat. You must look great! Couldn't you update your profile picture now so that you show your progress? The picture you have is of you at your unhealthiest, isn't it?
    Yes, my current profile picture was from when I weighed 100 pounds. I hope to take a more recent picture soon to update my progress but haven't gotten around to it. Thank you for the kind words!
  • leahsrecovery
    Options
    Thank you! I'm actually already doing all of that. I'm eating pretty clean and exercising and adding in strength training. I guess I just need to be more patient and keep doing what im doing to see the results. I'm eating 1200 calories, but im netting under that daily because of the exercise. I guess its not good to net under that so im trying to take other peoples advice of eating back the exercise calories till I hit at least 1200 in net calories, but im finding it hard because eating more kind of scares me. I feel like I'm going to gain instead of lose or get leaner which I'm aiming for. if you don't mind me asking how tall are you and what are your measurements?
    Currently my measurements are as follows:
    Height: 5'3"
    Bust: 31"
    Waist: 25"
    Hips: 31"
    Thighs: 20"
    Neck: 11"
    Forearm: 8"
    Wrist: 5"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!