Would a Pixie look good on me??

Options
Iv been wanting to get a Pixie for a while now, but not sure it would look good on my Face shape and how Big i am, not sure what style or nothing, im not worried about what people would think just dont know what style of pixie would look good plus i have straight bangs, is their a pixie that would work with that kind of hair??

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Only you would know what looks good on you. Play around with this thing and see if there is anything you feel fits you!

http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/trends/virtual-hairstyle-makeovers
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Only you would know what looks good on you. Play around with this thing and see if there is anything you feel fits you!

http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/trends/virtual-hairstyle-makeovers

Wow, what a fun site - thanks for sharing.

OP - I loved my pixie cut - had it for YEARS and I'd still have it but my other half likes long hair on a woman and since I had never grown my hair before, I figured what the heck - I'll give it a go! Just do it, it's only hair and (barring medical conditions), it'll grow back.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I actually meant this one (has more hair options) sorry

http://www.dailymakeover.com/virtual-makeover/
  • maekaylanicole
    maekaylanicole Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been using those and so far i like it(: just wanted others opinion, my mothers not too happy about it. thank ya'll(:
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    I think it would look good on you. You already have a lot of short hair framing your face. Still, you might want to go ask a professional. I chopped mine short mostly because I was sick of it being a curly, ratty mess that ended up in a ponytail all day anyway. Your hair looks shiny, healthy, and better behaved than mine was.

There are days I've regretted it, but not many. The thing is, unless you want to wear a wig or extensions, you have to live with it for years, so think long and hard before you do it. Also, grow-out stages are really irritating, so when and if you get tired of it short, invest in scarfs, hats, and headbands and learn to love them.
  • maekaylanicole
    maekaylanicole Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im thinking about doing it, my hair is actually dammaged cause i dye it so much over the years, and i love wearing Scares and hats and hair stuff, so i think ill be okay on that one(: Thank you
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I always wanted short hair but when I was heavy, I just didn't feel comfortable chopping it. So once I got to a healthy weight, I cut it to just above my chin... the shortest that it's ever been. It was very liberating and fun. Looking back, I'd say: Don't wait. Don't wait until you're a certain weight. Be who you want to be now.

As far as the short hair, at this point I've been there and done that. I'm growing it back out. lol
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I think it would look great. I'm the opposite right now, mine is longer than it's ever been. I did cut bangs and they look a little funny (I have curly dry hair and that usually doesn't work well with bangs) but I like it.

So do it if you want to try it out. I don't know about your hair, but mine only takes about a year to get enough length to it for a ponytail.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I say go with a Chelsea :love:
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I say, go for it.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    one of these??
    giphy.gif
    they're not real by the way....
    \m/
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Pixie crops FTW!

Check out Pinterest for some ideas too - there are some amazing ones on there. Also, a good idea is to go for a sort of semi-pixie - a lot shorter that you're used to and a bit longer than you want, just to ease the initial shock. Carey Mulligans hair before she went super short, is a good in-between stage and, to be honest, suits most people.

And also - for any of the predictable blokes that come on here and say "WOMEN NEED LONG HAIR, MEN LIKE IT BETTER". 1. Who cares about their opinion and 2. It's complete BS anyway. I get heaps more male attention with short hair than I ever do with long hair, as do all my pixie loving friends. (But again, not that it matters!)

Although mine has grown out now, I'll be chopping it all off again in another year or two. Do it! Cut it! And if you don't like it - well, hair grows :) Enjoy!
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I think it would look fine on you. I wish I could rock a pixe, but my hair is the wrong type.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think you oughta go for it. Judging from your avatar photo, you have a great edgy look already and will rock it!!

As for the size issue - IMO, long hair doesn't hide your weight/size. I see a lot of people post about how they were afraid to go short because it might make them look bigger but I think that's pretty rare. Yeah, in some cases very long or voluminous hair can balance a large figure but I think the majority of people are just kidding themselves that shoulder length hair (for example) makes them look slimmer or smaller.

My hair in my current photo is nowhere near as short as I've had it in the past (even when I was at my heaviest of 307). Now it's grown quite a lot - I just get bored with the pixie thing and grow it out every few years. I think the important thing is feeling good about your own hair.

Post pics if you do it!! :-) I bet it will look fabulous.
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think a pixie cut would look great on you! I sport the faux hawk which can also be a pixie cut! I cant live without my pixie! Good luck!

Amanda
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I agree that size dosent matter when it comes to hair length, but as a pro hairstylist with over 35 yrs experience i would stay away from ultra short in the nape area. Most ,not all, heavy people have a fatty roll in that area and the hair will jut out no matter what and its not attractive. I find that a softer fringier neckline looks better. And your color looks good a strong color really makes or breaks a short cut.