Workout videos or Wii games

Options
I was wondering if anyone know any good workout videos or scultping tapes. The treadmill is starting to get really boring and I want to boost up my fitness for 2011. Im lookin for something fun but that's not going to kill me. Thanx!

Oh if you have any good workout routines, that woudl be awesome too!

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Here is my rating - on what I have:

Wii Fit Plus - GREAT for starting out. Started with Advanced Step. Now use it still for Free run, Free Step, Strength exercises and Boxing
    EA Sports Active 2 - Different than Wii Fit Plus - a good workout! Challenges and workouts increase as you move from day to day!
    Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 - Good workout - I use the Total Body 1 and 2 mostly
    Biggest Loser for Wii - tried it out early on. I have a bad knee and there are some things that I can't or should not do. Good though
    Zumba for Wii - NEW - Kicks my "behind" AND I have done the DVD's and take a weekly class. GREAT burn! Surprised that I burn as much as in the 60 min live class
    Just Dance and Just Dance 2 – FUN - #2 is better. Not a workout DVD but it is a good workout if you have an HRM

For DVD's I have Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, Leslie Samsome Walk Away the Lbs and Zumba DVD's (not as good as the Wii game but OK to start with).

Good Luck!
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just got the Xbox 360 Kinect and so far every game I've tried is a workout. Some milder than others, but since your whole body is the controller you are forced to move. I bought Dance Central and it is a lot of fun and it also has a workout mode that will count your calories burned while you play.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I stand by hip hop abs (workout DVD) i love, love, love it!!

as for wii games, i love the ea sports active 2, lots of different workouts at different levels.
    I like the biggest loser for the workouts however, their calorie counter is WAY off so you'd need an HRM.
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    Thanx @4lafz. Plenty of good info. Im going to try one of these
  • mrsbossladi
    mrsbossladi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try the MJ experience. I feel the soreness for the past few days and the cardio is there. And plus you can learn how to dance like MJ! Its fun and so many songs you wont get bored.
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I heard that that's alot of fun. I plan on getting it sometime this month.
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    UPDATE: I bought the Zumba Wii and I can see a change in my stomach area already. Definitely worth the money you just have to stay at it. Its hard when u first start!