A friend on mine just died after years of battling obesity

Options
Hello, My name is Darryl I just wanted to encourage everyone who has struggled with getting healthier and losing weight to stick with it. Just before xmas I received word that a good friend had died from complications of obesity. He was a great guy with with a
beautiful wife and three lovely children. Now he's gone and his family is left to deal with the loss of a beloved husband, father, and good friend to many. Please take care of yourselves exercise, eat right, and stay positive despite all the negative stuff going on in the world. Eating good food, meditating, and talking out your problems can help you feel better in all areas of your life. I overcame years of depression and social anxiety disorders and now on my way to losing the 70 pounds I want lose to be a more
healthier person.:smile:

Replies

• JulieBoBoo
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. My heart goes out to your friend's family.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing Daryl. It is a good reminder to us all the end results of obesity.
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend:( My heart goes out to his family!! Thanks for sharing Darryl and best wishes to you!
  • marvshan17
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend. Good luck to you on your future weight loss. I know if you put your mind to it you can accomplish it.
  • withanurgency
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss :-( Thank you for sharing this with us though, it's incredibly important for everyone to keep in mind that this isn't just about weight loss but about living life and living to see your children grow up happy and healthy. It's not just the number on the scale, but how many years you can add to your life just by eating better and exercising.

Thank you again :-)
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Extremely sad news...sorry to hear about your loss.

Good Luck on your weight loss journey x
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I work in a hospital as a nurse and every single day I see what happens because of obesity. The long term effects are devastating. You are so right. There is so much more at stake then looking good for your swimsuit or a wedding. It's staying fit and healthy for life. Welcome. I don't know why it took me so long to realize this.
  • qtwells82
    qtwells82 Posts: 352
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your story with all of us.

Good luck to you on your weight loss.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reminder and the encouragement to keep going. I am so sorry about the loss of your friend.
  • Ivaleekid
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss!! I will remember this family in my prayers! Thank you for reminding me what I am fighting for!! My family!!
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Darryl

So sorry to hear the your loss of your friend. It is too often that it takes something like this to make us think. ***Thank you** for sharing your loss with us so that many can use this to gain encouragement to continue forward so that their own family doesn't experience a loss as you have. Or perhaps we can use this to reach out to someone who needs a little encouragement!

Smile, and hang in there!
    All the best

Goaliema
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    I'm sorry for you loss. My heart goes out to you and their family. Best of luck on your weight loss journey. Remember we are ALL in this together. So you are never alone.
    868001.png
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Darryl, thanks for sharing and my sympathies regarding your loss. We need to be reminded from time to time of the hard reality of an early demise if we don't take care of ourselves as we should.

My prayers for your friend and her family.

Shawn
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Daryl, I'm so sorry for your loss. My sympathies go out to you and your friend's family. It is a hard reality to realize just how serious obesity can be. But we'll all do it together.

Good luck with your weight loss and know that we're always here if you need an ear. :flowerforyou: