Vegetarian who doesn't like eggs here!

Options
Hello everyone! Hi I'm new! :)
So I have been a vegetarian for 3 years now, and I have eaten my share of cereal, granola, fruit, and oatmeal for breakfast, but is there ANYTHING else besides EGGS you can recommend for breakfast? I just don't feel full on oatmeal anymore. Everyone keeps telling me to suck it up an learn to love them but they are really gross to me. Any cool new recipes or anything that could mix up my morning experience? lol

oh, and add me please if you want :)

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with a million blueberries is super delicious, and spices up the same old same old. I also rock peanut butter toast.

Morningstar has a great sausage pattie for a quick breakfast you can pair with some toast.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    what about a piece of toast with some peanut/almond butter and a banana. or Greek yogurt with some berries, almonds, and a drizzle of honey.

I'm vegetarian too, and breakfast always seems like the hardest meal to come up with ideas for.
  • leahleah16
    Options
    Are you a vegetarian that likes fake meat? Morningstar farms has pretty tasty "sausage" patties. You could heat them in a pan and mix with veggies, or mushrooms and put it on a tortilla. Basically make a breakfast burrito without the egg
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Me too. I don't usually eat breakfast, bad I know but it makes me sick. Anyway, I would suggest the morning star stuff too. It's super yummy. :)
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ive taken to eating non breakfast food for breakfast...I love morningstar fake grilled chicken and their faux california turkey burgers are yummy. Plus working out in the morning all that protein is a big plus
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ive taken to eating non breakfast food for breakfast...I love morningstar fake grilled chicken and their faux california turkey burgers are yummy. Plus working out in the morning all that protein is a big plus
  • travelgirl96
    Options
    I HATE eggs! Maybe add some peanut butter to your breakfast for protein.
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I eat a one-third to half a protein bar (about 125 calories) when I wake up and eat the other half between 9 and 10 am. This has worked great for me and it gets me to lunch with usually less than 300 calories under my belt. Then I can dial up my lunch to about 400 calories between 12-3 and 400 between 3-6. Then I have 750 calories left to play with for dinner and late night snacks.

Long answer short - Protein Bars. Quick, Tasty, Filling.
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Quinoa--google things like quinoa breakfast, and there are all sorts of recipes out there. Add fruit and nuts and you have a protein packed breakfast to keep you going. It's kinda like oatmeal, but at the same time, it's really different.

Or, just eat something not breakfasty for breakfast. Beans and Rice or something like that will keep you going too--I'm in the camp that doesn't always stick to breakfast foods--it gets too boring. Good luck!
  • Genevemarie
    Options
    that all sounds great guys! thanks! seriously, im out to the store!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I was vegetarian for 10 years. Once I'm done having babies I may go back, but I'm not sure. My 2 year old already has issues eating chicken because she has seen them in real life and knows they live on farms and say "Bok bok!" So we'll see...

I don't have any good suggestions for you because I always ate a lot of eggs. But, I do want to warn against Morningstar Farms and other fake meat products. They are so highly processed and made with a bunch of unpronounceable ingredients. Mornignstar Farms in particular are made with genetically modified ingredients, which are really things to stay away from. Stick with natural foods instead!

You can try protein shakes for breakfast. I use Bluebonnet soy protein shake powder. It's the only one I've found that doesn't use artificial sweeteners and actually tastes good. They also don't use genetically modified ingredients. I use one scoop of the powder with 2 cups of milk. It keeps me full until lunch, even when I exercise before lunch.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Seitan is a great vegetarian protein that's super easy to make, and one batch will last me about a week for one meal/day. The specific recipe I use is below. Personally I could eat it for every meal, and I'm not even vegetarian! I like it by itself, but it's also good in a wrap or in other recipes. I want to try making a quiche with it... It's not strictly a breakfast food, but I can think of many ways I could use it for almost any meal!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=606572