chinese takeaway

Options
busbyus
busbyus Posts: 36 Member
So cheat meal is here again! Wahooo but need help . Having a chinese takeaway . So when a serving size is 1 portion is that a whole tray or a quantity of the tray. Hard to explain but can anyone help ?

Replies

• Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    How big is a tray ... how long is a piece of string.. ?

what does the tray have on it?

Not giving us much to work on mate, are you?
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything and try and figure it out that way. Not easy but if you can figure out how much things weigh then you at least might be in the right ballpark. using entries such as 1 serving, or 1 portion could be way out.
  • busbyus
    Options
    I no but there doesnt seem to be any entries that you can do it by weight! Its a pain in the butt! How do I post pics on here so can copy diary over ... so you can see ?

Kung po chicken 1 portion 452 cals

Chicken chow mein 1 cointainer 515 cals

And no alternatives listed in mfp foods ....
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    1 portion means one portion. Just like a large is a large and a medium is a medium, or like in America, where a small is an extra large.

We dont know what size your Chinese is.....
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    IMO...who cares...its a cheat day!!! JUST ENJOY!!!!
  • busbyus
    Options

I no but was curious to see how many I would eat lol too much hassle by the sounds of it
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I no but there doesnt seem to be any entries that you can do it by weight! Its a pain in the butt! How do I post pics on here so can copy diary over ... so you can see ?

Kung po chicken 1 portion 452 cals

Chicken chow mein 1 cointainer 515 cals

And no alternatives listed in mfp foods ....

Generic Kung Pao chicken 1 cup 435 cal
    Generic Kung Pao chicken 1 container (4 cups) 1740 cals

This at least gives portion size. Check the database for your options and choose the one you think is closest.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options

^^^THIS

All bets are off when it comes to Chinese food. YUM YUM!! :smile:
  • tectactoe
    tectactoe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    >cheat day
    >tracking cals

wut
  • RachelSD7
    RachelSD7 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just forget the calories for a day, but practice self control instead? Drink plenty of water beforehand, eat a small salad or an apple, and then when the food arrives, you won't be shovelling it in faster than your stomach can handle, and remember to stop when you've had enough!
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options

Generic Kung Pao chicken 1 cup 435 cal
    Generic Kung Pao chicken 1 container (4 cups) 1740 cals

This at least gives portion size. Check the database for your options and choose the one you think is closest.

I often have this question when I'm eating out. I always fall back on looking for foods that are given by volume (like these examples). Volume I can estimate. 1 tray? 1 serving? I never know what to do with those entries!