healthy daily supplements?

Options
anyone eat a coarse of daily supplements? curious what other people think. I know any statements here are going to be controversial, so hopefully no flame wars. obviously you don't need supplements if you eat the right diet that contains these anyway, and that includes even a daily multivitamin. that being said, doctors still recommend multivitamins, and I think other supplements may be useful depending on your diet. for example, fish oil (huge debate on the efficacy of pill form vs fresh fish, and even the benefits at all, but also in the mercury levels in fresh fish and ability to eat high enough levels). all alot of controversy, buy here goes:

I eat:

(1) 1 centrum silver multivitamin
(2) 2000 mg of fish oil pills (that's like 3 pills)...
(3) I've started cinnamon pills (used to put in my oatmeal, but I find this easier because I don't always want my oatmeal to taste like a teaspoon of cinnamon)
(4) Tumeric.
(5) ginger
(6) green tea complex

I think what I take is pretty banal (basically fats and spices, plus the vitamin). thinking of adding ginger. used to take glucosamin/chondroitin (was feeling it in my joints and heard this helps as a supplement, but i felt it gave me headaches, and more gradual increases in exercise got rid of the joint problems mostly).

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I try to remember m vitamin d and calcium. I tried cinnamon for awhile but all it did was make me burp cinnamon.
  • Shalini_15
    Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I take Vitamin B + C capsule, Calcium tablet and Salmon Omega-3 softgel :) And even I feel that I survive only on tablets :(

But can't help it :)
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    here

1) Morning before breakfast and an hour before lunch - Muscletech hydrocut elite fat bruner

2) After breakfast - ON Fish oil and Multivitamin

3) Pre workout - ON creatine or else ON Amino energy

4) Post workout -ON Whey protien
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    forgot to add - yes, like most people here - I take a protein powder or shake supplement. for powder I like the Met-Rx vanilla you find at TraDER Joe's. It tastes pretty good, and has a blend of proteins (I'm not necessarily looking at it for muscle optimization, more for added overall protein in my veggie diet).

for shake - hard to beat the Pure Protein 35g shake..a bit pricey....but at a cheaper rate at trader joes, even cheaper subscribe and save through amazon
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    brotein
    fish oil
    multivitamin
    not sure if the multivitamin or fish oil actually do anything, but it cant hurt, and they are relatively cheap
  • baddison68
    baddison68 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this is my daily:

1) RAW One Women's multivitamin
    2) RAW Calcium
    3) Krill Oil

....I am in desperate need of more protein in my basic diet. Perhaps i'll look into some of the protein shake/meal/bar suggestions here.
  • myndikins
    myndikins Posts: 39
    Options
    Can you tell me how much ginger you aim for, or where you found the suggested amount? I've thought about it, but I can't seem to decide on an amount.

I do vitamin D, cinnamon, fish oil, turmeric, chia seeds, and brazil nuts. I forget some of them quite often, but I try lol I also do all organic (except for the fish oil) and it definitely makes a difference. My entire life, I've been allergic to cinnamon, but since buying the "good stuff," I don't have any issues and I've found that I love it!
  • madbrainDotCom
    madbrainDotCom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Daily I take :

multi-vitamin (centrum)
    now Vitamin D 5000 IU (x1 in winter / x2 in summer) . I have meds that deplete vitamin D so need a high dose.
    calcium 600 +D
    2x now astragalus 500mg
    2x now egcg 400mg
    2 x now ultra omega-3

every other day :
    magnesium 400mg
    now resveratrol mega potency

Also waiting for a coq10 300mg bottle from Costco.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    zinc for the giant loads