No weight loss in 6 weeks

Options
My weight has stayed the same for about six weeks. the first 2 weeks after I started to diet I lost 8 lbs. I attributed that to eating better and drinking more water so my system cleaned out! Now I have been continuing to eat right drink 120+ oz of water and the scale is not budging..

Here is my typical day:

5:30am - Walk 30-45 mins (brisk walk) - burning 240 calories

Breakfast - 2 eggs or 4 egg whites low carb wrap salsa
Snack - whey protein smoothie (1 scoop protein, water, ice) with 5-6 strawberries or 1/2 banana
Lunch - salad with either tuna or chicken Luna protein bar
Snack - Greek yogurt with a few walnuts
Dinner - protein (typically chicken), carb (brown rice or red pot) and veg (more salad or brocooli, green beans)

Calories usually around 1500

I do not eat after 7pm.

What can I do to get my weight loss going again ? I need to lose around 65 lbs.

Advice welcomed.

A

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Weigh all your food to the gram. You're probably eating more than you think you are.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    8 pounds in 2 weeks is excessive. Likely it was mostly water weight. From there, you probably continued to lose fat, but gained some water back, masking the loss. So, losing 1 pound of fat while gaining 1 pound of water would make it look like nothing happened that week on the scale.

My suggestion would be either continue as you are, or try to increase your activity some (eating back only HALF the burnt calories). Some sort of physical activity that really gets the blood pumping like HIIT. Picking up some sort of strength training program may be helpful too.

Remember, when picking up a new exercise regime, or altering an existing one, your body will spend a week or so playing around with water. So, you may start exercising and immediately gain weight. Do not be alarmed, would be water weight as the body would need to keep more of it to aid in repairs.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I always think the first place to start is to make sure you're logging accurately.

Are you logging all of your foods? Including condiments, cooking oils, fruits & veggies, etc?
    Are you using a food scale, measuring cups/spoons, or eyeballing portion sizes? It can make a big difference for some people.
    Are you eating back any of your earned exercise calories?
    If so, what kind of activity are you doing and how are you estimating your burned calories (HRM, fitbit, MFP, gym estimates, etc?)
    Would you be comfortable opening your diary for us to take a look?
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Weigh all your food to the gram. You're probably eating more than you think you are.
    This should fix your problem. Also to add, why don't you eat after 7?
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Your progress bar on your personal page shows 17lbs lost.

If you open your diary we could take a look and give suggestions.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Okay, just plunked what you typically eat into MFP and it came out to 1528....with a bunch of assumptions on qty.

So at 1528 this didn't include how you cooked your eggs...do you fry them? boil them? Are you using any sort of non-stick spray or butter to cook them?

I used two cups of lettuce and a can of plain tuna for your lunch. Do you use mayo? salad dressing? Same for dinner. What are you putting on your veggie, how much meat? did you weight the meat? Anything at all on the meat? Rice or potato...how much, because that adds up very quickly. I used a 1/2 cup. A couple walnuts? how much did they weight because nuts add up really quickly too.

You may actually be consuming 1700-1800 calories a day and not even realize it if you're not accurately weighing and measuring everything you put in your mouth.

You also said that was a typical meal. What do weekends look like? I know a lot of people that take a day off on the weekend and don't realize that between the day off and the inaccurate counting during the week you actually end up eating at maintenance, hence the zero weightloss for 6 weeks.
  • atrostle119
    Options
    The 17lbs is the total since I first started MFP about 2 years ago.. so I have lost the weight yes but it has been a roller coaster.

Thanks for all the feedback.. I think I need to do a better job on measuring and weighing my food. I do not eat alot of condiments like mayo, ketchup. I do use some salad dressing on my salad .
  • atrostle119
    Options
    I read that dinner should be your last meal..
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Burn more cals via exercise.

Here are some sites that have a wide variety of workouts. Doesn't matter if you can't do them all the way through or if you need to modify at first ... you will get better each time you do it.

http://www.fitnessblender.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealFitTv

http://www.fitsugar.com/fitness-video

http://www.skinnymom.com/2014/03/18/at-home-crossfit-workout-burn-up-500-calories-fast/

Good luck!
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I read that dinner should be your last meal..

Myth.

Total calories in/out, no matter when you eat them.

I typically save 150-200 for the evenings. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I dont. When I dont...its just a bonus.
  • Limbochia07
    Options
    Hi, have you tried the Clean9 from Forever living? Its a 9 day aloe vera cleanse which has contributed losing weight. Clean 9 (available in chocolate or vanilla) consists of a nine day programme preparing the way for a cleaner, healthier, happier individual. The healthy diet which includes drinking aloe vera gel, and includes natural diet capsules to help you stay healthy. Our aim is to build a trust with every customer and help you to lead a healthier lifestyle. Forever Clean 9 is designed to cleanse your body of unnatural chemicals. All you need is the desire and motivation to follow this programme, along with light to moderate exercise and Clean 9 will provide the tools you require for effective results in a healthy, natural way. By staying committed it shows you how to live your life free from up and down dieting, which is all to familiar. It is not uncommon to lose 12 pounds in just 9 days. Just imagine losing body fat and keeping it off permanently. Please visit the website. It is priced at £119 and totally worth it and have completed it myself with fantastic results.

https://www.foreverliving.com/retail/entry/Shop.do?store=GBR&language=en&distribID=440100867252
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Lose the eggs and eat oatmeal with fruit and tree nuts.