10 lbs in 8 days

Options
10pounds in 8 days? Now I know this is not permanate and I know it's not healthy. I'm getting married on the 17th in the evening and my dress is not zipping completely up! I'm freaking out! So what I've done is cut out all drinks except water and 1% milk and am doing the insanity workout. I've also been told if you wrap your stomach in clear wrap while being extra hydrated? Man I'm freaking out but I need to lose as much as possible without starving that I can in the next couple days to get it to fit.

Replies

• MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Should have started earlier.

In 8 days the most FAT weight you can expect to lose is 3ish pounds. If you do drop the 10 pounds it will be a combination of water weight, fat, and maybe even muscle.
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    actually LOSING 10 pounds? Nope. Reducing any bloating and dropping some water weight and maybe 1-2 pounds? Doable! Focus on LOW SODIUM, very little processed food if possible. Good fruits and veggies and tons of water. Lemon in your water and dandelion tea can help you drop some water weight. And try to remain as relaxed as possible because the cortisol is not good for your health, mentally or physically! Take care of yourself and prepare to enjoy your wedding.... and maybe call a seamstress if you cant get into the dress two days before hand....
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    your looking at this totally wrong. first, weighing less doesnt mean having less fat always. second, sure you can dehydrate and starve yourself to lose those 10 lbs, but you'll look like hell because you've done it so unhealthily.
    just go to the gym, and eat right. it'll take time but it is the only foolproof option
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Low sodium will be a must for you.

Keeping crazy diets to just temporary for things like a week before your wedding is fine.

Just dont turn it into a normal thing!
  • monicapatituccijones
    monicapatituccijones Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider having your dress let out a little, if it isn't too late for alterations. It probably would have been a better idea to get a dress that fit without weight loss.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Eek! The best you can do is cut-out all processed foods and just eat clean for the next week! Make sure to put in 30 min of cardio a day and do some strength training as well. Drink your weight in ounces of water! Do not go starving yourself though!!! That would be the worst. I also read that taking an anti-gas pill helps with bloating as well.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Since you do have a significant amount to lose, it is possible for you to lose that much in water weight. However, I wouldn't want to take chances, find a seamstress and see what can be done to alter it. You want to be comfortable on your wedding day, not crammed into your dress wondering if the seams are all going to pop out next time you move.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Along with all the suggestions above, add a daily sauna session, 20 minutes. It will be like a fighter making weight for a weigh in lol... I think you can do this! But be prepared to gain it all back at the reception!
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider having your dress let out a little, if it isn't too late for alterations. It probably would have been a better idea to get a dress that fit without weight loss.

Yes. This.
  • renegadegeek
    renegadegeek Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd call the seamstress. You want to be beautiful and energetic for your wedding, not wiped out from extreme dieting. I mean, sure try to lose some to make the fit easier, but don't stress your already stressed body even more. You won't enjoy the day and that's more important than the dress! Best of luck!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    a good seamstress could have the dress fitting in under 5 days. Just sayin'. You probably don't want to be so dehydrated that you pass out at the alter.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Sauna
    keep hydrated
    No processes food,try cutting out sauces,pickles etc, eat mostly lean meats and vegetables
    do some weight training/circuit training

Have a nice time at your wedding!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Hi OP. Wouldn't it just be easier to tailor your dress?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Spanx.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Spanx.

The advice you have gotten so far is great. I know that when I cut out breads and pastas that makes me feel less bloated as well. Pretty sure there is a pin on Pinterest about this I will check and let you know.
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That 3lbs was most likely water weight.

Definitely listen to the other posters. It's going to take more than 2 weeks for it to come of doing it the healthy way. Most I've lost at one time was 4lbs, but I had been on a plateau for three weeks.
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd call the seamstress. You want to be beautiful and energetic for your wedding, not wiped out from extreme dieting. I mean, sure try to lose some to make the fit easier, but don't stress your already stressed body even more. You won't enjoy the day and that's more important than the dress! Best of luck!

THIS. As a fellow bride, your going to stress enough in the next 8 days, you don't need a crazy diet to further that along. Plus you want to look your best, and stressing and diet could hinder that. Get it altered!
  • IsabellaGiano
    IsabellaGiano Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Eek! The best you can do is cut-out all processed foods and just eat clean for the next week! Make sure to put in 30 min of cardio a day and do some strength training as well. Drink your weight in ounces of water! Do not go starving yourself though!!! That would be the worst. I also read that taking an anti-gas pill helps with bloating as well.

Vegetal carbon is good for the gas. But if you take it too much (and I don't know how much it is) it gives you constipation.

I would go for the seamstress... you should be focused on your wedding and your love, it's a pity to live in a hell the week before...
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    This :a good seamstress could have the dress fitting in under 5 days. Just sayin'. You probably don't want to be so dehydrated that you pass out at the alter.

Better to have the dress let out than have a crappy wedding. This is your special day to celebrate love not worry overmuch about your weight! Put the weight loss aside for a bit and concentrate on having a good time!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Spanx.

The advice you have gotten so far is great. I know that when I cut out breads and pastas that makes me feel less bloated as well. Pretty sure there is a pin on Pinterest about this I will check and let you know.

http://www.heandsheeatclean.com/2014/01/jillian-michaels-detox-water.html

No clue if this works and it is not a long term solution, but for your short term situation this should help. just don't beat yourself up when it all comes back after the wedding.