I won my work's "Biggest Loser" contest!

Options
joeboo81
joeboo81 Posts: 28 Member
My work had a "Biggest Loser" contest stretching over 12 weeks, with a $200 prize for most pounds lost and $200 to the most percentage lost, and I won both! I lost a total of 25.2 pounds and 10.5%. I'm going to use the money to buy myself a bicycle and work off the last 30 pounds.
The contest was a great motivation for me to lose weight, but I am glad it's over so I can focus on inches lost and not so much on pounds. Halfway there! Let's do it!

Replies

• allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    awesome! how exciting :)
  • nikkiworld2
    nikkiworld2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great job. Congratulations!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    w00t w00t!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's excellent! It's awesome you're using the cash to further your personal goals, too. Great job!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Awesome loss stats and $400 is a great prize!
    I'm doing a Biggest Loser contest through my work right now too but they're only going by lbs lost, not percentage, so although I've lost a good chunk of weight percentage wise, I'm not sure if I'll win. In any event, it has been good motivation.
    I can't wait till it's over so that I can focus on inches and some weight training instead of dropping lbs too!
  • tator456
    tator456 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome to hear!

I think that I may suggest this to my job!
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty big deal! Congrats on a job well done :)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrat! :flowerforyou:
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! that is so awesome!! wtg!!
  • rj2k21
    rj2k21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    NICE! Good investment into a bike
  • 1HappyTurtleRunner
    1HappyTurtleRunner Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Incredible, congrats! Wish my employer had something like that.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Very nice, indeed!! Enjoy your bike! :drinker:
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You killed it!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's great to compete, eh?
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It's great that you are buying a bike with the money.

I did one of those a few years ago at work (based on percentage lost) and ended up winning 1st place. Everyone paid $10 to join and 1st place got 80% of the prize money and 2nd place got 20% The prize money was $300 but I only ended up getting about $160. The person hosting was extremely timid and wanted a bunch of people to join so she didn't enforce collecting the money beforehand. A lot of people kept telling her that "they pay soon" but never did and once they saw they weren't doing well or weren't going to win, they quit. They refused to pay because they had backed out of the competition and therefore weren't responsible. There was a lot of drama (not from me.. I was just happy to win and lose some weight) regarding it and our company banned weight loss competitions because of it.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Awesome, I won one of those many years ago at work too, money sure was added motivation! :)
  • joeboo81
    joeboo81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm still wanting to lose about 30 more pounds but it was nice to win and to get the chance to buy the bike. Now I'm in a competition with myself. Hope it goes as well.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Incredible, congrats! Wish my employer had something like that.

Run it yourself? http://logicalloss.com/organize-a-biggest-loser-competition/
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congrats on the win and the loss!
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely brilliant and good idea to buy a bike with your winnings.

Well done :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!