Alan Agaron on MLM health/nutrition-related MLM companies

Options
Wetcoaster
Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
Alan Agaron posted this on his Facebook page today.....I find it especially relevant today.

"I regularly get questions about this or that MLM product, whether it be Advocare, Herbalife, Visalus, Isagenix, or Whateverthehell.

I am yet to come across a health/nutrition-related MLM company that doesn't economize production costs with sub-par nutritional formulations, especially the protein-containing products (for example, MLMs love to use soy as the first ingredient)

. Adding insult to injury, these protein-based products cost at least double that of the leading non-MLM brands that actually use higher-quality protein formulations.

To top it all off, these mediocre MLM products are hyped as the best things on the market, and of course they rely on the emotional triggers of zealous testimonials rather than the weight of the scientific evidence. So yeah, my opinion of MLM-based nutritional products is LOL (yes, let the hurt flow through your butt over that)

. As for the MLM business model, here's a fun read: http://www.vandruff.com/mlm.html

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I just saw this on his facebook page and laughed pretty hard at "let the hurt flow through your butt"
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Hah! Very nice. :)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    i just invited some of my Visalus-drinking FB friends to like Alan's page. Is that bad? Hahaha!! :wink:
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    i just invited some of my Visalus-drinking FB friends to like Alan's page. Is that bad? Hahaha!! :wink:

A girl I know who is getting married, and therefore "dieting," in September has bought the Herbalife mumbo jumbo. My first thought was to link her to this. I'm sick of seeing posts about it on instagram.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I think it's awesome! :drinker:
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

You can lead a horse to water....
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Nope, and I'm stealing your idea for the record. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Alan Aragon is the man! I especially like this line: "...they rely on the emotional triggers of zealous testimonials rather than the weight of the scientific evidence." So true.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Bumping.

I thought it was interesting that he pointed out the sub-par ingredients. People that have figuratively "drunk the koolaid" try to sell it by boasting the ingredients as super foods, whatever the hell that means.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the "coaches"