Food combining??? Your views??

Options
So I have been reading alot about food combining and how we shouldn't eat certain carbs with protein for instance no pasta, potato or rice with fish, chicken or any meat produce also how fruit should only be eaten on an empty stomach...I believe its all to do with aiding digestion... it about not combining alkaline forming foods with acid forming foods but to just combining these with neutral foods like salad produce and veggies... now has anyone else heard about this??

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    It's bull.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It's bull.

^Agreed
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    It's bull.

I might not say it like this......but I agree.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Eating while doing a handstand is supposed to help too. Supposedly the food has to work against gravity to be digested, IDK, never tried it.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    What book/nutritional program/dietary supplement were they trying to sell you?
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I've heard it a few times. It's hooey.

For weight loss, all you need is a calorie deficit.

For overall health, you also want a proper balance of your macronutrients, and sufficient amounts of micronutrients. Add in some exercise for strength and heart health and you're probably doing great.

It doesn't matter what foods you eat together. If you like the combination, go for it. For example, no rice and fish together? What about the sushi!?! :noway: And, FWIW, the pH balance (acid/alkaline) in your body is very closely controlled by endocrine and other systems. There is only a very small amount of variation that could happen before a person got extremely ill. The so-called alkaline diets (or, alternately, "acidic forming foods") really do nothing to change your system ... if food affected the system that dramatically, we as a species wouldn't have survived this long.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I and 14 generations of Bengalis before me have been happily digesting rice with fish curry !
    I managed to get fat on those,so don't think had problem digestin.... just say:bigsmile: in
  • mmaxwell128
    Options
    Its called the Hay diet but I was extremely sceptical to it anyways... thanks guys!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of a thing I heard YEARS ago, and I don't even know if it's true, about how the queen eats foods in a certain way/certain times to reduce or eliminate gas. Like she'll eat fruit first because it's faster to digest, and then it's not sitting 'on top' of slow-digesting foods, because then the fruits break down in the stomach and create gas. It really has nothing to do with how sticky the calories are, she just doesn't want to let rip at the wrong time lol.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I go for protein, fat and carbs at every meal. I won't be satisfied if I don't.