Carb nite solution? anyone doing it?

Options
hi this is my first post and i have around 50lb to lose after trying many a diet and failing i am now trying the carb nite solution. i am on day 3 and have not found it too difficult and have not found i have many cravings except for diet pepsi etc. i have read the book and know the diet drinks should be avoided but i am just curious has anyone else had good results even with drinking diet drinks? my only other concern is with the carb nite itself i wouldnt want to blow all the hard work by eating too much or the wrong stuff. do i need to calorie count on carb nite and since i am female and i have seen some posts about women not being able to eat what a man would be able to are there certain foods i should just completely avoid to prevent too much weight gain?

Replies

• theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Do you have the book? If so, use it as a door stop or throw it away.

Here ya go: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    "and i have seen some posts about women not being able to eat what a man would be able to"
    Can you link me to this?
  • csgc2009
    csgc2009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    when i searched carb nite on google i found that some people were saying that when doing the carb nite that men could get away with eating more of things like biscuits pizza etc but women weren't as able to eat high fat on carb nite and keep the weight gain down. like i say only day 3 so i am not really sure and willing to give it a try to find out. my brother has lost alot of body fat on the carb nite solution and it has stayed off and am just wondering if women on the diet found they needed to calorie count/ cut certain foods to make it work for them more effectively
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've got your mind made up on doing it. Good luck.
  • jmcmc55
    jmcmc55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are you still doing the Carb nite?
  • JMR429
    JMR429 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    not sure about csgc2009, but I began on May 27th. and lost 40lbs as of 10/1. It is a completely different way of eating. The book has been updated with all sorts of information by Kiefer. you should check out his podcasts and website. The original book is close to 10 years old and the new info is really helpful. The 2nd book is supposed to be out sometime next year. enjoy
  • CdnRower
    CdnRower Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The only thing you need to know about Kiefer is that he's been telling people they can directly manipulate various hormone levels in the body at will through diet. The guy interprets study results to suit his needs and make money from poor suckers.

Just like Medhi that acts like he invented 5x5 even though it was around long before him, Kiefer ripped off Charles Poliquin's principles and figured that info was old enough that people would be none the wiser.
  • CdnRower
    CdnRower Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    And I love this C&P article about Carb Backloading...

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2013/06/time-to-stir-that-pot-refutation-of.html
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    did carb nite for 6 months, lost 50 pounds and body fat went from 34% to 20%. I was a professional baseball player and college football player when I was younger and have tried all kinds of programs to get in shape or lose fat and this is the best BY FAR. If you follow it to the letter and resist the urge to put your own "slant" on it or try to tweak it, you will succeed. I did ZERO steady state cardio, that's right, NONE. All resistance training, push ups, pull ups and sprints. People will bash what they don't agree with or have tried and failed but carb nite works if you don't try to reinvent the wheel.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I do believe controlling carbs (not necessarily going VLC, but keeping the carbs down) can help with appetite control as a lot of carbs all at one time will spike insulin and there are studies that show a correlation between insulin spikes, drops and hunger stimulation (to oversimplify severely, but you get the gist, just don't feel like going into all that now. Suffice to say that if you're interested you should research it as that was by no means a complete scientific explanation, I'm not a scientist or a doctor, I'm just some fat hungry woman on the internet).

However, I have no idea about Carb Rite specifically.

I try to keep my carbs at 35 or under per meal and pair them with a protein and it does help with my appetite. In fact, in all my hungry, hungry years, it may be the ONLY thing that has helped at all.

I don't believe controlling carbs will ensure better weight loss in some way; that comes from a calorie deficit, obviously. But if your issue is appetite control, then sure, give controlling carbs a try. Once again: not advocating Carb Rite specifically as I know nothing about it.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Oh, okay, just looked this up. It's bars, shakes, snacks and special "baked goods"?

Honey. Save your dollars. Control your carbs but do it with actual food. I'm no psychic but my prediction is that those bars and shakes will NOT fill you up - no matter how "rite" the carbs are. :open_mouth:
  • RachelJudt
    RachelJudt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Oh, okay, just looked this up. It's bars, shakes, snacks and special "baked goods"?

Honey. Save your dollars. Control your carbs but do it with actual food. I'm no psychic but my prediction is that those bars and shakes will NOT fill you up - no matter how "rite" the carbs are. :open_mouth:

Carb Nite doesn't have any bars or shakes or anything. In fact, Keifer advises against them. I think you might have searched for the wrong thing. :)