This isn't exactly about food, but...

Options
chari182
chari182 Posts: 24 Member
Can anyone recommend a blender that works extremely well?! I have a crappy $20 one that doesn't blend anything! I need one that can easily grate ice, almonds, frozen fruit, etc.

This time around I'm willing to spend a good amount of money if it will last me awhile and really work. Can also be a dual food processor/juicer as long as it still blends! Lol
I will have to order it offline so any websites/brands that you would recommend are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    go to youtube. Type in "will it blend".
    But that thing is really, REALLY expensive if I remember correctly.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I don't own one, but I have heard the Ninja blender works really good.
  • chari182
    Options
    I totally forgot about the ninja blender!! Thanks for reminding me :D

I will go look that one up, but if you say it's really expensive I'll just have to take your word for it haha.
  • MotherGoddess
    MotherGoddess Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The "will it blend" blender is a Blendtec, and the answer is yes, it will. They have videos of cell phones, skis, all kind of random stuff getting chewed up by this blender. Vitamix and Blendtec are the two big name blenders that get all the hype. I've heard good things about the Ninja too. Vitamix or Blendtec will run you $300 or upward. The only one I have direct experience with is the Blendtec, and I feel it was worth every penny. I use it almost daily. No chunks in my green smoothies, and awesome margs. I was able to find a demo model for about $100 less then retail, so you can try that or refurbished to save some money. I think the Ninja is at a lower price point, but I don't know much about it.

*Disclaimer, I am not affiliated with Blendtec in anyway, I just did a ton of research before dropping $300 on a kitchen appliance and decided that the Blendtec best fit my needs.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have a VitaMix and love it.
  • chari182
    Options
    The "will it blend" blender is a Blendtec, and the answer is yes, it will. They have videos of cell phones, skis, all kind of random stuff getting chewed up by this blender. Vitamix and Blendtec are the two big name blenders that get all the hype. I've heard good things about the Ninja too. Vitamix or Blendtec will run you $300 or upward. The only one I have direct experience with is the Blendtec, and I feel it was worth every penny. I use it almost daily. No chunks in my green smoothies, and awesome margs. I was able to find a demo model for about $100 less then retail, so you can try that or refurbished to save some money. I think the Ninja is at a lower price point, but I don't know much about it.

*Disclaimer, I am not affiliated with Blendtec in anyway, I just did a ton of research before dropping $300 on a kitchen appliance and decided that the Blendtec best fit my needs.

Where do you find a refurbished blender? I would love to get a vitamix! It's just a little out of my price range right now lol.
  • fuzilojak
    fuzilojak Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting the Ninja but since I usually only make a single smoothie or protein shake I got the Magic Bullet. It works pretty well.

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Bullet-Express-17-Piece-High-Speed/dp/B000AEZVRS
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja blender... I'm not exactly a blender connoisseur but it blends things pretty well so I like it.
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Another vote for ninja, does a great job with my smoothies ever day. Kale never stood a chance.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    We also have a Ninja - got it from Costco for like $100. I haven't found anything it cannot blend yet, although I'll admit it probably can't do electronics like the Blendtec! :laugh: